Advertiser: Meadow Funeral Group Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Albury Area
- $45,000 - $54,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
About the business
John Hossack Funeral Services is the leading death care provider in the Riverina region of NSW and North East/Alpine regions of Victoria with funeral homes in Albury, Beechworth, Corryong and Howlong. These sites offer modern and comprehensive facilities for our local communities while our Albury facility is both state of the art and modern, while still offering a welcoming feel for families
About the role
This role is an integral part of our business and your care, dignity for our client families, the deceased and attention to detail is paramount. As an Administration Officer your work will be carried out Monday to Friday but will include night and weekend telephone duties on a roster basis.
The role includes:
- General office duties
- Answering telephone and on directing calls, filing, banking, meet and greet visitors, make tea and coffee for client families, stationery ordering
- Funeral administration duties
- Prepare funeral files which may include creating personalised memorial books, PowerPoint presentations and orders of service booklets, paying suppliers, online death registration, proof reading funeral notices, placing funeral notices, checking all legal paperwork for accuracy and signatures, assisting Funeral Directors when required
- Accounts duties
- Enter client family invoices, enter written cheques into Xero, follow up debtors, create RCTI's, order coffins online
A full list of duties will be contained in a detailed position description.
Benefits and perks
John Hossack Funeral Services is located in the beautiful Riverina region of NSW and North East/Alpine regions of Victoria. The area offers many sporting and social activities, and some of Australia's best wineries, snow skiing, fishing and golf courses. Education is unlimited with such opportunities as the Scots School Albury, Charles Sturt and La Trobe Universities.
The team at John Hossack Funeral Services are committed to supporting our client families by delivering the best possible customer service while providing appropriate support and comfort to families who have recently lost a loved one. We do this by listening to families wants and needs, finding proactive solutions to concerns, and providing information, care and support to everyone appropriately. We treat the deceased with dignity and respect.
Skills and experience
We are seeking an experienced administration assistant to join our team.
Applicants must have a knowledge of administrative work, neat legible hand writing, have confident computer skill (use of Microsoft applications and accounting package Xero) and an understanding of AV and technical equipment or be able to learn quickly. A Current Full Driver's Licence is essential. This position covers all areas of the funeral industry.
- How many years' experience do you have as an administration officer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Which of the following accounting packages are you experienced with?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?