Private Hospital Admissions Clerk
Advertiser: Monash House Private HospitalMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Medical Administration
Private Hospital Admissions Clerk
About Monash House Private Hospital
Monash House Private Hospital (MHPH) is a purpose built private hospital facility located in the heart of the Monash Medical precinct.
MHPH is a 22-bed surgical hospital with four theatres, 14 day-only beds and 8 inpatient rooms. We work closely with specialists in interventional pain management, oral and maxillofacial, neurosurgery and orthopaedic surgery. Our first priority is the provision of high quality care to patients and we are proud to offer access to first class doctors, nursing staff and other health professionals dedicated to the welfare of our patients.
We are currently seeking a skilled admissions clerk with experience working in a hospital setting to join our modern facility on a full-time (5 days a week) capacity. You will be the first point of contact for all patients visiting the hospital.
You will be a committed, reliable, compassionate customer-focused professional who enjoys and is able to efficiently multitask in a fast-paced environment. You enjoy working as a part of a team that is committed to carrying out the mission of the hospital and our primary purpose of supporting our patients through their experience with us.
A positive and proactive attitude, attention to detail and strong work ethic are essential for this role.
About The Role
Individuals in this role serve as the first point of contact for all patients and visitors to MHPH, therefore must be committed above all else to assisting with patient enquiries and resolving any issues in a professional and timely manner.
- Admitting patients to the hospital
- Preparation of patient files and theatre lists
- Responsible for patient admissions, ensuring all required paperwork is completed
- Interface with health funds, handling all patient-related costs
- Proficient and accurate data entry into patient database
- Phone handling
- Maintaining of office stock levels
- General administrative support to various team members
- Delivering excellent customer service at all times
Key Selection Criteria
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in a front desk reception role within a hospital setting
- Experience utilising patient management systems (i.e. EPAS)
- Able to effectively multitask in a busy, fast moving work environment
- Ability to work effectively within a team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and be proactive, demonstrating initiative at all times
- Meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- An enthusiastic nature with a willingness to provide exceptional customer service
- A high regard for the privacy and confidentiality of all patients
Hospital operating hours are 6:30am to 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
If you believe you have the skills and experience outlined, please apply for this job via SEEK and include both your resume and a cover letter addressing the above criteria. Your letter should be addressed to "Human Resources."
*Only those applicants who address the criteria above in a separate cover letter will be considered for this position. Previous applicants need not reapply.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?