Advertiser: L.E.K. Consulting4.3 out of 54.3 overall rating (10 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
L.E.K. is a global strategy consulting firm with offices across Europe, the Americas and Asia-Pacific. We counsel our clients on their key strategic issues, leveraging our deep industry expertise and using analytical rigor to help them make informed decisions more quickly and solve their toughest and most critical business problems.
L.E.K has 19 offices around the globe with over 1600 staff. In Australia, our offices are based in Sydney and Melbourne with approximately 100 staff and 16 Partners.
When you join L.E.K., you’ll enjoy all the benefits of a large, multinational organisation along with the advantages of being part of a close team working in an approachable, collaborative and supportive environment. You’ll be surrounded by highly motivated, high-achieving professionals who strive to have a transformational impact every day.
The Associate Consultant (AC) is responsible for a broad work stream including providing day-to-day direction to junior team members. The AC plays a crucial role in gathering, analysing and synthesising research and data to address the client’s core issues.
While casework needs will vary every day, the main responsibilities of an Associate Consultant include:
- Gathering primary data on markets, competitors, and customers through database and Internet searches, market research and other commercial reports, internal client data, and telephone and in-person interviews;
- Identifying Quality Control issues and ensuring consistency when reviewing client output and internal packs and case documentation;
- Developing rigorous strategic and financial analysis that will be utilised to determine L.E.K.'s recommendation to the client;
- Collaborating with project team members to derive trends, conclusions, and recommendations based upon the analysis; and
- Coaching junior team members and transferring skills, offering constructive advice, and positively contributing to the workplace environment
The role of an L.E.K. Associate Consultant is differentiated from the broader market in a number of ways:
- Upward Mobility – L.E.K. is a meritocracy with a young, entrepreneurial culture. Professionals are promoted commensurate with their capabilities and contribution.
- International Experience – Approximately one-third of L.E.K. projects involve an international component, which allows Associate Consultants to work in international case teams or, if they choose, to relocate to international offices on either a temporary or a full-time basis.
- Fun, Stimulating Work Environment – The average age of our professional staff is 29, and a strong spirit of camaraderie and collaboration exists among all levels.
- Exposure – As generalists, L.E.K. Associate Consultants get the opportunity to work across a range of different industries, on a variety of Strategy, Private Equity and Organisation and Performance cases.
- Collaboration – Extensive collaboration with senior clients and the opportunity to work closely with partners on a day to day basis creates ongoing learning opportunities for L.E.K. Associate Consultants.
Qualifications and Experience
L.E.K. seeks highly motivated, creative, and entrepreneurial candidates who possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, effective interpersonal and communication skills, leadership qualities, and uncompromising ethics.
The ideal candidate will bring:
- 2-3 year’s experience in management consulting
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and willingness to travel
- Excellent written, analytical and verbal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, growing and dynamic environment with integrity, patience and a sense of humour
We are seeking experienced management consultants to join our team and hit the ground running, so please only apply if you have the relevant experience. Applications will close Friday 20 November AEST, however, applications will be reviewed as they are submitted so don’t hesitate to apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?