Advertiser: Stopping Family ViolenceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Perth, Fremantle & Southern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Other
Stopping Family Violence (SFV) is a not-for-profit, focused on stopping violence against women and children through fostering relationships, advocacy and promoting best practice in perpetrator responses.
About the role
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with demonstrated experience in managing projects and excellent communication skills to join our team – and thrive in an environment of collaboration and innovation. The successful applicant will be required to provide support to a range of projects throughout planning and delivery to help deliver organisational projects efficiently.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, your main responsibilities will include:
- Assisting the Operations Manager with the delivery and coordination of projects across SFV at any one time.
- Managing administrative tasks, such as document and information distribution, report collation, communication support with internal and external stakeholders and providing updates on the status of various projects.
- Drafting and preparing general correspondence, presentations, submissions, and reports where attention to detail and presentation are of high importance.
- Supporting research, drafting and document review.
- Providing project support at meetings, including logistics, coordination, and scheduling.
- Organising project files and documentation with attention to detail following a systematic approach.
The Project Officer will be responsible for overseeing and coordinating current and future projects, and related emerging priorities. You will have excellent communication skills, with the ability to maintain strong relationships with key stakeholders, and experience meeting tight deadlines. This is the perfect opportunity to make an impact in a meaningful and fulfilling work environment.
You will also further possess
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as a Project Officer or in a similar role.
- Demonstrated experience in effectively managing and delivering concurrent projects with an understanding of project management principles including planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Highly developed organisational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Able to work independently and collaboratively within a small team.
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills to liaise with various stakeholders and follow up on agreed outcomes.
- Strong written communication and report writing skills.
- Background or work experience within the Family and Domestic Violence sector will be highly desirable.
- Ability to take initiative, self-motivate and manage own workload with the flexibility to work on a range of tasks where work priorities can change week to week.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with appropriate discretion.
- Strong computer literacy skills across Microsoft Office suite.
- The successful candidate will be required to provide a Police Clearance.
Benefits and perks
- Join a family friendly, values-driven organisation
- Work/life balance
- Close to shops, cafes, and public transport
- Possibility of extension - subject to funding
- Immediate start available for the right candidate
This position will be based out of our Fremantle Office, however, may be subject to change in the New Year with a new office location South of the River.
To apply online please click the ‘Apply’ button below and include a cover letter outlining how you meet the above criteria. Please also note in your cover letter if you are looking for full or part-time.
Applications close Friday, 27 November 2020 at 5pm.
Please do not apply for this role unless you meet the above criteria. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a project officer?
- Which of the following Microsoft Office products are you experienced with?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?