Seniors and Disability Rights Service Advocate/Community Educator
Advertiser: Darwin Community Legal ServiceMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Darwin Community Legal Service is a multi-disciplinary service that provides a range of legal and advocacy services to the community to underpin access to justice.
Senior and Disability Rights Service Advocate/Community Educator
The Seniors and Disability Rights Service (SDRS) provides advocacy support to older people and to people with disabilities and their representatives, community education and community awareness activities, and contribute to law reform and policy development.
The role is full-time 37.5 hours per week.
The position is a one-year position and will be renewed dependent on funding. DCLS pays above Award rates, has excellent conditions including flexible working and time in lieu, and salary packaging is available.
- Provide appropriate information on abuse of older people and community education on healthy relationships, indicators of the abuse of older people, the aged care system and available services and practical strategies for prevention of abuse.
- Develop a community awareness campaign in conjunction with other agencies
- Work with small groups to develop place-based responses.
- Provide support and training to community service workers on the abuse of older people.
- Provision of self-advocacy support, assisted advocacy and representation for people experiencing abuse.
- Respond to consistently raised issues by influencing law, policy, practices and procedures around abuse of older people.
Download the SDRS Advocate Position Description from:
Applicants must submit:
- an application addressing the Selection Criteria (in 2 pages)
- up to date Resume
Applications close 5pm Friday 4th December 2020.
DCLS pays above award wages and salary packaging is available. Superannuation 9.5%, 6 week’s annual leave (or pro-rata), and generous conditions including flexible working and time in lieu.
DCLS is an equal opportunity employer.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?