Advertiser: Commonwealth Bank of Australia3.5037 out of 53.5 overall rating (1351 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Banking & Financial Services, Banking - Business
See yourself in our team:
The CommBank Small Business Banking team have a passion for helping Australian small businesses succeed. The team seek to understand the business and personal goals of business owners and use their expertise and specialist teams to provide tailored financial solutions.
Small Business Banking is a part of CBA Business Banking and provides in branch face-to-face and remote support to Small Businesses across Australia. In Small Business Banking, we cultivate strong connections with our communities and customer by Building deep connections, Having compelling proposition and Exceptional Execution.
Do work that matters:
We are looking for commercial lending Business Bankers for key branch locations across the country.
Be part of a successful branch and contribute to its success by providing exceptional service to Small Business customers through understanding their business and personal needs and assisting them with the end to end fulfilment of those needs.
As Business banker you will be accountable for business development within your local business community and will support retention of client relationships by providing a premium service.
More specifically, you will:
- Facilitate great customer conversations that help to understand their goals and needs and providing relevant and timely solutions. This will include the origination of a range of solutions for businesses including, but not limited to, commercial lending up to $1m, asset finance, merchant facilities and everyday banking solutions.
- Proactively engage customers to support their business and personal goals. Prepare for customer conversations with a view to providing valuable insights. You have an understanding of the home ownership solutions available to business customers.
- Be a brand ambassador within the local business community, building awareness of the CBA business banking proposition. This may also involve hosting small business education events that support the ongoing financial wellbeing of businesses.
- Regular attendance to key stakeholder meetings to help build awareness of Small Business service offering and proactively work together to build referral partnerships and deal with service pain points
We want to hear from you if you have:
- Experience in commercial lending or B2B sales
- Home lending experience
- Sound financial analysis skills and commercial accumen
- Excellent interpersonal skills and stakeholder engagement/management skills
- Excellent customer engagement skills (both face to face and non-face to face)
- Experience in facilitating conversations with customers to help understand their needs, managing a pipeline of opportunities to ensure we meet customers' expectations and in facilitating proactive customer contact
- Passion for Small Business customers or experience in or managing a Small Business
- FSRA Tier 2 Accreditation
- Credit Approval Authority (CAA) Level 2 or willing to obtain this within 6 months
- Formal training to support Home lending discussions which may include Cert IV in Banking Services qualifications (preferred)
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in securing and enhancing the financial wellbeing of people, businesses and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
Whether you're passionate about customer service, driven by data, or called by creativity, a career here is for you.
Our people bring their diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives to build a respectful, inclusive and flexible workplace. One where we're driven by our values, and supported to share ideas, initiatives, and energy. One where making a positive impact for customers, communities and each other is part of our every day.
Here, you'll thrive. You'll be supported when faced with challenges, and empowered to tackle new opportunities. We really love working here, and we think you will too.
We're determined to make a real difference for Australia's first peoples. We encourage all interested applicants to apply. If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick [link removed] to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.