System Security Engineer
Advertiser: RIoT Solutions Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 16 Nov 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Security
We are in pursuit of an System Security Engineer or Administrator on a full-time basis who can roll up their sleeves and use their Microsoft skills and expertise in our Managed Services Team. Although Brisbane based, we are open to applicants right across Australia that are self-motivated and happy to operate and be managed remotely.
RIoT Solutions provides managed security services to a number of corporate and government entities across Australia combining visibility and intelligence to enhance control of IT and OT networks for our customers.
Our ideal candidate is a knowledgeable, passionate, and driven professional with a background in enterprise System Administration. You will possess extensive experience in managing, maintaining, and supporting IT infrastructure within medium to large scale organisations. You are agreeable, helpful, efficient, and have undertaken relevant education, vendor certification, and developed a foundational knowledge of IT infrastructure and security principals.
Your day to day duties in this position will require hands-on interaction with both on-premises and cloud-based Microsoft technologies such as Active Directory, Azure, and Sentinel. There are multiple avenues for cross skilling into other service offerings, including Splunk and Rapid7 InsightVM, and internal teams such as Cyber and Professional Services. As part of this role, you will work within the Security Visibility Team, a highly skilled group of individuals who provide customer facing services to our existing clientele via a well-established security Operations Centre.
To join our Managed Services Team the following skills and abilities are desired:
- A current understanding of our business and industry needs, as well as the technical demands.
- The ability to recognise the importance of customer focus and/or of serving the needs of the end user.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Be willing to take on a variety of tasks while paying attention to detail.
- Possess analytical and problem-solving ability.
- Teamwork skills and the ability to feel comfortable working with different teams, clients and groups of staff across an organisation.
- Effective time management and the ability to organise and prioritise your workload.
- The ability to remain calm, work well under pressure, and achieve tight deadlines.
It is a condition of employment that you hold or are participating in an industry recognised qualification and an information technology qualification. Recognised qualifications include (but are not limited to):
- Vendor Certifications, or demonstrated progress towards certifications such as:
- Microsoft Certifications
- Associate Level Azure Administration Certifications (ideally, have passed the AZ-500 exam)
- Associate Level 365 Administration Certifications (ideally, have passed the MS-500 exam)
- Legacy Microsoft Certifications (e.g. MCITP/MCSA/MCSE)
- Security Certifications
- Foundation level security certifications (e.g. Security+, CySA+, Cisco CyberOps Associate, GSEC)
- ITIL v3 or v4 Certification, or extensive experience working in a Service Desk environment
- Microsoft Certifications
- Degree or Certificate in Information Technology, Information Systems, Cyber Security, or similar.
If you are looking for a change from an everyday Service Desk or System Administration role with career progression opportunities in a well-established Managed Security Service Provider, this may be the role for you.
If you are interested in becoming the next member of the RIoT Solutions team, we would welcome your application.
Respectfully, we are not welcoming phone calls or emails from recruitment consultants in relation to positions at RIoT Solutions. Please don’t take offence if we do not return your call or respond to your email – we are intent on handpicking our talent directly and have no desire to outsource this valuable process to agencies at this time.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience in an administration role?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?
- How many years' experience do you have as a systems administrator?
- Do you have experience working in a technical support role?