Senior Heritage Interpretation Consultant
Advertiser: ArtefactMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Environment & Sustainability Consulting
About the business
Artefact – "Illuminate the Past - Inspire the Future"
At Artefact we create great heritage outcomes. While we know worthwhile things are not always easy, we believe innovative thinking and solid advice from our exceptional team will lead to solutions that engage and empower our clients.
We strive to support each other, achieving empowerment both as individuals and together as a team. This is how we grow our unique culture. We recognise that work should be rewarding, challenging and fun. Career is such a big part of life why not make it count? Especially when we love what we do.
We are looking for people who are curious, collaborative and brave to help create a company that works, lives and plays by its values every day.
About the role
Artefact Heritage is looking for a Senior Heritage Interpretation Consultant to join our team. You will have a proven track record of successfully developing and managing interpretation projects. In this role you would:
- Bring your extensive knowledge of interpretation to develop and manage creative and site-specific Heritage Interpretive Strategies and detailed Heritage Interpretation Plans for a range of clients
- Scope/cost interpretive projects, and adhere to project budgets and deadlines
- Undertake research as required, and prepare content for a range of interpretive media
- Manage stakeholder consultations, such as community groups, Councils and Aboriginal stakeholders, and liaise with clients' architects/urban planners to provide positive heritage outcomes for our clients and the community
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and team members
- Undertake other cultural heritage management projects if required
Benefits and perks
Artefact knows that the key to our success is empowering our team both personally and professionally. Just some of the benefits we are proud to share with the team are:
- Flexible work options, including work from home opportunities
- Professional development leave allied with a professional development allowance
- Regular training and informal learning opportunities
- Membership fees paid for the appropriate professional organisation
- Ability to work across disciplines in the heritage field to learn new skills
- Clear career paths, accessible as you build on your career and experience
- Industry leading personal wellbeing support
- A close knit team who thrive in our supportive environment
Skills and experience
We are looking for a senior team member who has:
- A degree in archaeology, anthropology, history, Aboriginal studies, or a similar discipline, with post-graduate qualifications in museum/heritage studies or equivalent
- At least 8 years' experience in developing and managing interpretation programs, exhibitions, community education programs or similar in museum/galleries/historic houses/parks or equivalent public realm
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles and purposes of heritage interpretation
- Experience in successfully managing complex projects, including working within budgets and meeting deadlines
- Excellent writing skills for a range of purposes, from formal report writing to public texts
- Experience in successful client liaison and consultation with community and Aboriginal stakeholders
- Experience working in a heritage consultancy will be an advantage
This role can be full time or part-time 4 days per week. A competitive salary package will be negotiated with the right candidate.
Apply via Seek today addressing the above criteria, or call Carolyn MacLulich (Principal, Interpretation) on 0417 038 886 for a confidential conversation.
Applications close midnight, Tuesday 8 December 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a consulting role?
- How many years of project management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?