Advertiser: Villa Carlotta TravelMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Bunbury & South West
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
The Communications Officer develops and coordinates our communications across traditional and online publications; print, advertising, social media, websites, e-newsletters and through engagement at events and promotional activities. The communication officer presents our touring products and services to current and future customers. They play a key role in assisting staff and external stakeholders with the development and design of our marketing collateral.
A Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Journalism or a related field, and experience in a similar role is strongly desired. Preference will be given to those candidates who also have a background in customer service, and recent experience in the tourism and hospitality sector.
About Villa Carlotta Travel (Villa)
This is an opportunity to work for a vibrant and well established travel business delivering escorted tours and customised independent travel for approximately 2,500 West Australian’s each year. We have been developing and operating our unique style of escorted touring products for WA’s retirees across Australia and overseas for the past 28 years. We are a positive, passionate, and successful business focussed on providing great customer service.
- Facilitate communication, collaboration and the sharing of information between Villa, travellers and other stakeholders
- Coordinate and promote events and activities
- Develop and distribute content, respond to requests in a timely manner
- Ensure social media channels including Facebook, Instagram, are actively managed and engaging content is regularly shared.
- Create engaging content in collaboration with Villa staff and relevant stakeholders for the villa.com.au and holidayyourway.com.au websites
- Coordinate villa publications, e-newsletters and social communications to reinforce messaging
- Where Villa engagement activities fall after hours, weekends and/or evenings, assist the Villa team in a capacity determined between you, the MD and relevant staff.
- Ensuring services provided are of a high quality and follow best practice.
- Identify, suggest and implement organisation improvement strategies.
- Additional duties as assigned by the MD.
- A tertiary qualification (or approved equivalent) in one of the following: Communications; Public relations and significant relevant experience in community engagement or communications
- Demonstrated skills and experience in the management and development of communications such as newsletters, magazines, social media and websites, including management of graphic design and print.
- Stakeholder management, maintaining effective relationships with sponsors, advertisers and the development and distribution of copy
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with stakeholders
- Residency or eligibility to legally work in Australia.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office software or similar.
- Current ‘C’ Class Driver’s License or better.
The position is based in the Busselton office, working part time 0.6 FTE.
Please send your CV and an expression interest cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.