General Manager - Client Services
Advertiser: 121 Care IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Due to continued growth and innovative change initiatives, 121 Care have the opportunity for a General Manager, Client Services to join our team.
121 Care is a not for profit organisation made up of a team of passionate, skilled professionals who love what they do. Operating in various sites throughout South East Queensland, we provide support to people with psychosocial, cognitive, physical and intellectual disabilities. We want people who walk and talk our Vision, Mission & Values every day to create opportunities for the life you choose. We believe that this applies to our whole community – staff members, clients, families & our community. Join us and Choose the life you love!
To learn more about our organisation and the services we provide, please go to our website: www.121care.org.au
About the Role:
The General Manager – Client Services is an integral member of the senior leadership team & will manage our client support services across the organisation. Our services include long term supported accommodation, Supported Independent Living (SIL), in-home care supports & community participation throughout south-east Queensland. Given the locations of our services, we have some flexibility with where the position will be based, dependent on the successful candidate's location.
The role is responsible for ensuring a high standard of person centred & industry leading supports through innovative thinking, continuous improvement, and commitment to excellence.
This is a full time position reporting to the CEO and will involve regular travel between our sites - Gympie, Maroochydore, Capalaba & Highgate Hill.
The focus and purpose of this role is:
- Implementation of operational direction for the service delivery teams
- Day to day operational management of support services
- Ensure organisational compliance with all statutory, legal and funding agreements
- Oversee the risk management of the organisation
- Ensure services are delivered in accordance with quality, legislative and best practice standards
- Identification and development of new business opportunities, partnerships and collaborations
- Ensure sustained viability of the organisation under an NDIS environment
- In conjunction with the CEO & senior leaders, developing and maintaining an organisational culture of person-centred support and positive client outcomes
- Role model to maintain a best practice culture
- In conjunction with the CEO & senior leaders, developing and maintaining recognition as a provider and employer of choice.
Essential Skills & Attributes:
- Tertiary qualifications in Management and/or Social Services or related field.
- 5 years’ full-time experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing support provisions within community services.
- A clear knowledge and understanding of the legislations and standards which relate to the provision of support to people with a disability.
- Experience in a range of support services including SIL services.
- Demonstrated knowledge of NDIS Practice Standards, equal employment opportunity, cultural diversity, industrial relations and workplace health and safety practices.
- Demonstrated leadership, team development and effective management of a diverse workforce across multiple locations.
- Understanding of the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services (SCHADS) Award and employment laws.
- High level of communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate policy, procedure, service direction and effectively manage change.
- Ability to establish, develop and maintain beneficial working relationships with external and internal stakeholders.
- Proven ability to work as part of a collaborative team.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office based software packages.
- Current "C" Class Drivers License and access to a private reliable motor vehicle
- Current Positive Notice (Yellow Card), or ability to obtain
- Knowledge of, and experience in participating in internal & external audits.
- Experience in, or good knowledge of behavioural analysis and positive behavioural support practices.
- Experience managing SIL services.
- Rare opportunity to join an established organisation in a leadership role
- Culture of continuous improvement
- Highly engaged team of professionals who share your passion.
- Great salary package + salary packaging options.
- Employee Assistance Program & various employee benefits
- Strong community ties with partnerships with various community groups including PBF Australia.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, APPLY NOW. Please submit a copy of your resume and covering letter addressing how you meet the key requirements of this position.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. People with disabilities or those who identify as belonging to minority groups are encouraged to apply.
*** Applications Close Wednesday, 25 November ***
Relevant criminal history screening and other pre-employment checks will apply.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have experience working in the not-for-profit sector?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?