Assistant Head of School/Teacher Yrs. 10-12 1.0 (FTE)
Advertiser: Indie SchoolMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Bendigo, Goldfields & Macedon Ranges
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Education & Training, Teaching - Secondary
(applications close 8th December 5pm)
The Assistant Head of School and Teacher is:
- to ensure achievement of the Indie School Bacchus Marsh Strategic and Business Plans, annual budget;
- to meet all regulatory and legislative compliance as required by the Commonwealth and Victorian State Governments; and to
- to meet or exceed in the educational achievements and care of Indie School students.
Key duties of the Assistant Head of School/Teacher may include but are not limited to:
- identify and coordinate relevant school secondary education and related vocational education and training to meet the needs and aspirations of the target group students;
- provide relevant assistance to young people in their transition from Post-compulsory Indie Schooling to employment, further education or training;
- assist the operations of the Bacchus Marsh Indie School and surrounding areas, including relevant curriculum, delivery and reporting requirements;
- stand in as Acting Head of School for short periods of absence;
- develop and maintain appropriate administrative systems that meet internal and external reporting requirements;
- assist in the lead development of new curriculum for continuous subject/coursework student interest and relevance;
- leading, managing, supporting and giving direction to Indie School teachers, welfare and administration staff;
- maintaining school registration, compliance reporting and operate within school budget.
To begin the application process, click "Apply for this job" and attach your resume and cover letter, addressing your experience against the key responsibilities.
The application will close on Tuesday 8th December at 5pm.
For further information about this role, please email Jessica Parker Bijvoet (Head of School) jessica.PB@awcc.edu.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of people management experience do you have?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?