Driller Assistants - Entry Level positions for Indigenous candidates
Advertiser: Boart Longyear3.04 out of 53.0 overall rating (100 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Perth, CBD, Inner & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Mining, Resources & Energy, Mining - Operations
Boart Longyear is the world's leading provider of drilling services, drilling equipment, and performance tooling for mining and drilling companies globally. The company's Global Drilling Services division operates in over 40 countries with a diverse mining customer base and our history in providing quality services to our clients spans back to 1890. Whether it be mineral exploration drilling, water services, production drilling, underground or surface work; we have a rock-solid reputation and a proud track record for safety and innovative solutions.
At Boart Longyear we are committed to creating a workplace that supports long-lasting and meaningful careers for everyone. As part of our commitment in creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, our aim is to increase opportunities to Indigenous communities throughout Australia with our entry-level Driller Assistant positions at one of our established sites.
- Get paid to be trained and qualified
- FIFO from Perth – 2/1 swings
- Crack into the mining industry with opportunities to progress into a Driller
You can expect excellent site amenities and a massive push on safety and quality. We expect all employees to work to a high safety standard and demonstrate a commitment to meeting our client’s requirements.
What do we offer?
Boart Longyear is serious about career progression and if you prove yourself and pass probation, you will undergo a Cert II and Cert III in Drilling. We believe in investing in our employees so that they can develop and progress through the ranks. Succession planning and promotions opportunities are available if you show us you have what it takes. We offer ongoing training and development as well as competitive shift rates and bonus scheme. Flights to and from site (from Perth) and site accommodation are provided.
Do you have what it takes?
We need people with a passion for drilling with a can-do attitude. You will be an integral part of the team, working with others in a professional and considerate manner. You will also need the following to be considered:
- Current C Class Manual Drivers Licence
- National Police Clearance (within the last six months)
- Right to work in Australia
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical (including fitness testing) and pass an alcohol and drug test
- A resident of WA or relocating to WA as flights are only provided from Perth.
Want to know more? Click ‘Apply’ to submit your application now!
Boart Longyear is an equal opportunity employer and we recognise that we are strengthened by a diverse workforce. A person from a diverse background brings with them a different set of experiences, talent and perspective that could potentially provide a new answer to an old problem. We are committed to providing a work environment in which everyone is included, treated fairly and with respect. We all have something to contribute and it’s this contribution that makes for a great organisation and fulfilling career.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Are you willing to undergo a pre-employment medical check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?