Advertiser: Eczema Support AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Gold Coast
- Work Type
- CEO & General Management, Board Appointments
Vision: Eczema Support Australia aims to be Australia’s leading support organisation for health professional, patients and carers dealing with chronic eczema.
Mission: ESA exists to Connect, Inform and Advocate.
ESA is seeking a Non-Executive Director with a background in any of the following fields;
- Medical field, specifically Dermatology, Psychology or General Practice
The Boards role is to ensure that ESA maintains true to the Vision of the Organisation, ensuring a focus on future growth and sustainability by planning, policy-making and consistent reviews of progress. The Board is conservative and ethical in all its activities and accountable for its actions to maintain and inspire the trust of the communities, families, individuals, partners and funding bodies the Organisation it serves.
The full Board meets monthly during business hours at a predetermined day and time that reflects the availability of Board members where practical (with attendance in person or through video conferencing). From time to time Board members will be invited to attend extraordinary meetings, special events, planning workshops etc.
Board Governance and Prerequisites
The term of appointment is two years with an option to re-nominate.
All Board members are expected to have:
- an understanding of, and commitment to the mission of ESA;
- the skills and ability to contribute to its strategic direction and performance monitoring;
- the ability to contribute to ESA’s growth and viability through leveraging their existing networks and helping to develop new relationships;
- highly developed communications skills and the ability to work with a range of stakeholders; and
- excellent understanding and experience of good practice relating to governance of organisations.
- Attending and making significant contributions to monthly Board meetings;
- Supporting ESA’s Managing Director;
- Providing expertise in the Board’s decision making; and
- Ensuring that decisions reflect and enhance the Organisation’s Strategic Plan, governance practices, financial position, and legal obligations.
This is a remunerated position, more information can be requested by contacting Melanie Funk on 0400 108 153 or email your resume to email@example.com. For more information go to www.eczemasupport.org.au