Corporate General Manager
Advertiser: Recruitment InnovationsMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- CEO & General Management, General/Business Unit Manager
Carst and Walker are recruiting for a suitably qualified Corporate General Manager. This position may also require the successful applicant to travel and work at multiple locations. This position is based in our Melbourne Office.
The Corporate General Manager plans, organizes, directs, controls, and reviews the day-to-day operations of the business and delegates where required to subordinates. The CGM ensures the management and development of our specialist distribution, trading and processing aligns with Group Strategy and Objectives.
- Manage the transition of existing customer and supplier relationships into the Hobart Group in accordance with Group practice
- Will hold the most senior day-to-day operational position within the organisation
- Will report directly to the Board of Directors of the business.
- Liaise with the group CEO as and when required too.
- Have delegated authority from the BOD for managing and achieving the organisation’s financial budgets and outcomes
- Have decision-making authority over a wide range of responsibilities through delegation of subordinates. This includes product managers, sales and logistics support and finance administrators
- Representing the Group in negotiations with local stakeholders
- Recruit and manage sales staff throughout Australia
- Ensuring staff are trained in the Business Management System (ISO9001) and adhere to Group policies and procedures
- Apply Group Objectives (Financial Excellence, Happy Customer, Employee Satisfaction and Satisfied Supplier) within the acquired business and review monthly
- Manage budgets and forecasts with subordinates.
- Design and implement sales strategy to achieve objectives set by the Board of Directors
- Monthly budget and forecast reports to Directors
- Manage communications to Directors and stakeholders during the acquisitions processes
- Undertake credit assessments of existing customers within the credit policies of the Group
- Introduce new product lines from within the wider Group portfolio
- Manage and optimize supply chain processes
- Represent the Group at industry-relevant exhibitions in Asia and Europe, e.g. European Coatings Show; Chinaplas;
- Rubbertech, Adhesion, Paints & Coating Technologies Trade Shows; events held by the Surface Coatings Association of Australia (SCAA),ect
- Maintain the transition plan for the company and manage variances as required
- Manage working capital and ensure financial ratios are met
EDUCATION, EXPERIANCE AND SKILLS
- Degree level education (Business Management / Polymer Science)
- Knowledge of business management systems and risk
- 8 years of industry experience
- Quick decision-making skills
- Experience of managing professional staff
- Have a proven record of top management experience for min 3 years
- Proven success and experience in this functional area of management.
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Analytical and statistical abilities;
- Time management skills
- Ability to be trained and train others.
- Good organizational and planning skills;
- Minimum 8 years industry experience with the Adhesive, Paint and Polymer Industry
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Be respectful
- Possess cultural awareness and sensitivity
- Be flexible and always maintain composure
- Demonstrate sound work ethics
Applications open 18th 2020 and close 18th December