Marketing and Communications Officer
Advertiser: Sunshine Coast Airport Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Sunshine Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Marketing Communications
During a challenging year, the Sunshine Coast is experiencing growth as a region of choice to visit, live and do business in. With exciting developments, including our new runway, Sunshine Coast Airport is determined to create amazing and unique experiences for our customers and community. Sunshine Coast Airport is Australia's first Carbon Neutral Airport, which we are proud of.
A career defining opportunity currently exists for a Marketing and Communications Officer to join our Corporate Relations Team.
- Develop your career working with the Head of Corporate Relations
- Work in a dynamic and growing business
- Be rewarded with a competitive remuneration package
Enjoy the lifestyle on offer in the Sunshine Coast
About the role:
Reporting to the Head of Corporate Relations, the Marketing and Communications Officer will develop and implement communications and marketing plans to drive business and support key Airport initiatives including retail, parking and aviation.
It will also be responsible for maintaining the Airport’s digital presence, managing our website and social media platforms and ensuring content is current, contemporary and in line with business priorities. Other tasks include:
- Assist in the development and delivery of marketing plans, campaigns and communications strategies;
- Contribute to the establishment and strengthening of relationships with key partners including airline marketing and communications teams, tourism industry partners and Airport businesses for the benefit of SCA;
- Coordinate media events to build and maintain proactive, positive and engaging relationships with the media;
- Assist with planning and management of events on and off airport to maximise exposure and strengthen Sunshine Coast Airport’s corporate reputation;
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of marketing collateral for Sunshine Coast Airport including corporate gifts, promotional items, display material and brochures;
- Manage Sunshine Coast Airport’s digital presence across all platforms including web and social media;
- Manage relationships with external marketing contractors and other service providers to ensure quality service is provided to Sunshine Coast Airport;
- Utilise copywriting and proof-reading skills to draft media releases, online and social media content, award submissions and other copy as necessary, ensuring it is accurate and representative of Sunshine Coast Airport key messaging;
- Assist in the development and roll out of the Sunshine Coast Airport brand
- Assist in managing key customer and community research projects
- Establish and manage a Sunshine Coast Airport brand toolkit with templates, images and branding guidelines.
- Coordinate the production of evaluation reports on communications and marketing activity .
To be successful in this critical role you will possess a relevant qualification and relevant experience in a marketing and communications role. You will be commercially astute with a demonstrated ability to engage stakeholders. Whilst experience in the aviation, travel or transport industries would be a distinct advantage, your ability to influence and engage effectively with the business and fit into an inclusive, high performing culture will also be highly regarded.
If you have the relevant skills, experience and would enjoy contributing to the ongoing growth, development and success at Sunshine Coast Airport, please submit your resume and a covering letter highlighting your suitability for this role. Please submit your resume and covering letter in Word format only.
Applications close COB Monday 30 November 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have in a marketing role?