Advertiser: QMusicMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Brisbane, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Marketing & Communications, Management
Position Title: Marketing Manager
Reports to: QMusic Chief Executive Officer
Reports: Marketing Coordinator
Term: Full time
Location: 3/374 Brunswick Street, Fortitude Valley
QMusic seeks a creative Marketing Manager to join our team as we support the growth of a thriving live and recorded music industry in Queensland. You will be responsible for marketing QMusic’s core business and our major events including BIGSOUND and the Queensland Music Awards.
QMusic is Queensland's music industry development association dedicated to fostering and promoting the artistic, cultural and commercial value of Queensland’s contemporary popular music sector.
QMusic is charged to build the capacity of the Queensland contemporary music industry and champion leaders through an extensive development program, initiatives and major events to forge sustainable and successful careers.
The organisation works closely with a variety of stakeholders including all tiers of government, artists, industry professionals, venues, corporates, media and the general public to ensure a successful music industry in Queensland that is a valuable contributor to the cultural fabric of Australia.
QMusic is internationally known and respected for its signature event BIGSOUND which is supported by the Queensland and Australian Governments. BIGSOUND is the largest new music and conference event in the Southern Hemisphere where new music and ideas are discovered and global connections are made. QMusic also stages the annual Queensland Music Awards held in Brisbane. The QMAs are well regarded on the national music agenda and can catapult local talent to a global stage.
QMusic delivers a range of other events and programs throughout the year including its state-wide industry development program, QMusic Connect. QMusic manages the Grant McLennan Fellowship, the Billy Thorpe Scholarship and the Carol Lloyd Award and the Levi’s Music Prize as part of BIGSOUND.
QMusic prides itself on cultivating an inclusive, positive and open-minded team culture.
To develop marketing and communication strategies and implement campaigns across multiple channels and audiences for all QMusic programs and events to achieve organisational goals.
- Drive QMusic’s marketing and communication activities and deliver high impact, integrated campaigns to support the organisation’s vision and business plan.
- Maintain and develop strategic media partnerships and sponsorship of QMusic events.
- Develop and deliver trade and general marketing strategy and activities, including print and online, media buys, direct and video marketing plus all digital implementation.
- Manage and produce content for all digital communications including websites – qmusic.com.au, bigsound.org.au and queenslandmusicawards.com.au, social media, native advertising and direct marketing pieces.
- Lead and implement digital strategies and activities including earned, shared and paid media, creative design and development and evaluation.
- Manage activities of external service providers to ensure activities are delivered on time, on budget and with brand consistency.
- Write media releases for QMusic programs and major events working with major Government, corporate and industry partners.
- Design, write and collate all publicity and communications materials including eDMs and alerts as required.
- Working with the CEO and Programming team, to develop, design, implement and manage the communication program for QMusic’s membership base.
- Manage event marketing campaigns to achieve audience and ticket sales targets.
- Develop publicity plans for campaigns and communicate key messages.
- Create and maintain a media contact list and oversee distribution and follow up all of publicity material.
- Devise and implement specific communications campaigns including: advertising, direct marketing and promotions.
- Manage relationships with photographers, videographers, designers, printers and all external suppliers including briefing, creative development and approvals.
- Provide direction and leadership to the Marketing team to foster an open, collaborative, culture of ideas and ensure the implementation of smart, persuasive, integrated marketing campaigns to ensure targets are met for all core activities.
- Manage other staff as required including interns and volunteers.
- Maintain relationships with stakeholders, including partners, government and media.
Financial Management and Reporting
- Manage marketing budget.
- To work with senior management in writing and compilation of government acquittal reports.
- Ensure evaluation systems are in place to critically evaluate the impact of marketing, digital and communication outcomes against objectives, report on progress and re-align as appropriate.
- Produce post-campaign evaluation reports and recommendations.
- Recruit the marketing and communications staff and major event staff in consultation with management.
- Demonstrated leadership experience and success at a senior level in delivering marketing, communications and digital strategies in a music, arts or creative industries context; and managing and growing online communities.
- Experience in managing staff.
- Highly developed social media skills.
- Highly developed publicity and PR skills.
- Demonstrated experience in delivering data-driven and evidence-based strategies, and a strong understanding of stakeholder segmentation and the importance of critical evaluation and measurement.
- Highly developed oral and written communications skills, an ability to adapt styles to suit audiences, and well-developed influencing and negotiating skills.
- An understanding of, and enthusiasm for the music industry.
- Proven track record in building and managing relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Positive attitude to working in a small team and an outcome focused approach.
- The ability and drive to take initiative, think creatively and adapt to change.
- Strong experience in event management is desirable.
- Competency in financial forecasting and budget management.
- Ability to quickly adapt to change.
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable.
- Flexible work hours required for weekend and evening events.
- Please respond to the selection criteria and provide a CV including three references.
Email your application to: email@example.com by COB Tuesday 8 December 2020.