Advertiser: West Moreton Anglican CollegeMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 17 Nov 2020
- Brisbane, Western Suburbs & Ipswich
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Networks & Systems Administration
Conveniently accessed by a 30-minute drive from Brisbane CBD, West Moreton Anglican College (WestMAC) is a Prep to Year 12 co-educational Anglican school that delivers a balanced schooling experience and facilitates individualised learning.
As a WestMAC employee, you will contribute to the personal growth and academic success of our young people and be part of a professionally engaging and supportive work environment where continuous improvement, innovation and creativity are valued.
Suitably qualified and highly motivated applicants passionate about education and the positive support of young people are invited to apply for the full time role of IT PROFESSIONAL.
Reporting to the ICT Manager, the IT Professional is responsible for providing IT support to College stakeholders. This position will involve the maintenance and ongoing development of IT hardware and application solutions at WestMAC.
- Receiving, prioritising and resolving IT support calls and managing the helpdesk queue.
- Implementing AV solutions as required.
- The provisioning and maintenance of College equipment including laptops, desktops, tablets, mobile devices and printers.
- Maintain and manage the Microsoft Windows and Linux production servers.
- Provide training to staff and students in relation to hardware, software and services.
- Ensure all data backups are scheduled, functioning and stored correctly.
- Liaise with ICT suppliers.
- Assist with ICT project work.
Skills / Knowledge
- At least 3 years experience in the operational management of ICT systems including Microsoft Windows, Linux, networking equipment and core business applications.
- Sound knowledge of hardware including peripherals such as printers, VOIP handsets and Wireless Access Points.
- The ability to trouble shoot, diagnose and coordinate the repair of most hardware faults.
- Sound knowledge of all workstation operating systems in particular the Microsoft Windows Suite.
- Sound knowledge of all server operating systems in particular the Microsoft Windows Suite.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of programs.
- Sound knowledge of the software available for administrative and networking purposes.
- The ability to install and configure most software available for workstations or servers.
- The ability to troubleshoot, diagnose and repair most software problems.
- Successful completion of an IT related course.
- Knowledge of and ability to use The Alpha School System (TASS) software.
- Experience working in a school environment.
The successful applicant is expected to support the Anglican Ethos of the College and must hold a current, valid Blue Card as required under the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000
Visit wmac.com.au for more information about the College and to access a copy of the Position Description for this role.
Please apply through SEEK. Applications must contain a covering letter and CV. Apply by 4.00pm, Monday 7 December 2020.
West Moreton Anglican College is an equal opportunity employer and values an inclusive and diverse workforce.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?