Advertiser: Tattarang Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2020
- Port Hedland, Karratha & Pilbara
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Management
Harvest Road Group is part of Tattarang, one of Australia’s largest private investment groups. We are an agricultural investment business with a growing portfolio of fine food brands for domestic and international markets, exporting to over 40 countries. We are a family-owned business committed to improving animal welfare and strives towards industry leadership throughout the vertically integrated beef business.
About the job….
As the Head Stockperson, would be based at Minderoo Station in the Pilbara WA, however will travel to all Harvest Road stations with the Stockcamp.
- Always demonstrate commitment to safe working practises and animal welfare
- Lead a stockcamp of 7-8 members, guiding them through horse and cattle husbandry practises
- Fencing, machinery and infrastructure maintenance
- Record and communicate necessary livestock data in an accurate and legible manner
- Lead by example both in and out of the workplace
- Work closely with the management team to ensure all requirements are met
In this role you will gain exposure and/or experience in different aspects of the business such as the multiplier herd program, backgrounding and feedlot operations, building and working in state of the art yard facilities, horse breeding and fodder production.
You will be an experienced Head Stockperson, who is self-motivated and willing to lead staff by example through a strong work ethic and respect for others, whilst achieving company goals and objectives to a high standard.
- Strong focus on safety and animal welfare
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Truck license
- Proficient in handling both horses and bikes
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy in recording data
- Base Mechanical knowledge
- Initiative and Problem-solving skills
- Motivated and hard-working, willing to be part of the Minderoo team culture
- Pass a National Police Clearance and pre-employment medical assessment
- HC or MC license
What’s in it for you!
The business endeavors to provide a safe, encouraging and family-oriented work environment to all staff, to ensure you have the necessary support to achieve your best results. We are constantly evolving, with long-term career opportunities available for successful candidates with the right attitude. We also have potential work available for a partner’s, completing domestic and/or cooking duties.
- Attractive remuneration package for the right candidate, with ongoing career opportunities
- Modern accommodation- couples accommodation available
- All Meals
- Free Wifi and Telstra mobile coverage available
- 5 weeks annual leave
- The business looks to develop key employees, such as Head Stockman through additional training opportunities.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?