Senior Building Surveyor
Advertiser: pitt&sherryMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Surveying
pitt&sherry Building Surveying are an experienced team of building surveyors that are part of the wider pitt&sherry consultancy group and enjoys the advantages that a national entity can bring. With strong financial, legal and administrative support.
We offer a range of building surveying services including certification of domestic and commercial buildings and essential service management.
We are currently looking for a permanent full time or part time Senior Building Surveyor.
About the role:
In these roles, your responsibilities will include:
- Assessing project documentation for compliance with the applicable building legislation (e.g. BCA & Australian Standards)
- Facilitating the preparation of Building Approvals & Certificates of Occupancy
- Carry out regulatory assessments on all classes of buildings
- Liaise with relevant stakeholders.
- Provide technical assistance to clients.
- Assist other staff members with building surveying matters.
- Attend site / design team meetings.
- Issue Occupancy Permits, Certificates and Documentation
Qualification / Skills
- Experience in a similar role is preferred, however we will consider all levels of experience.
- Completed tertiary qualification, Advanced Diploma of Building Surveying at minimum.
- Sound knowledge of current Tasmania Building Act and Regulations
- Computer literate.
- High level of written and oral communication skills with people at all levels.
- High attention to detail and accuracy.
- The ability to both work autonomously and as part of a highly motivated team.
- Organised with the ability to meet required deadlines.
- Current Driver’s licence.
What we offer:
The successful candidate can expect:
- A competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working environment
- Professional development opportunities
- Opportunities for career progression
How to apply
Women as well as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply
To continue the conversation click 'Apply for this job' to forward your resume/CV and a cover letter briefly addressing why you would be the perfect candidate for this role.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a building surveyor?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of the Building Code of Australia (BCA)?
- Have you completed a qualification in building surveying?
- What's your expected annual base salary?