Human Resource Advisor
Advertiser: CadifernMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Recruitment - Internal
We are an Illawarra based Civil Construction Company with upcoming works in the region. We are looking to expand our team with someone suitably experienced with a positive attitude to advertise, select, engage, and provide initial training to our labour-hire staff and external providers for all our upcoming projects. This permanent, full-time position works 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, and has a great opportunity to positively impact our business and grow your career.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Advertising for job vacancies, interviewing, reference checks and testing of candidates or labour-hire
- Selection and training of staff and labour-hire
- Provide initial Company and project induction training to external providers and labour-hire staff
- Provide information on conditions of services, wages and contracts for labour-hire staff
- Development of contract when engaging external providers
- Provide information on current job vacancies in the organisation to employers and job seekers
- Undertake negotiations of external providers terms and conditions and resolve disputes
- Provide continual information on workplace relations policies to external providers, labour-hire and existing staff
- Monthly meeting with senior management to discuss organisational change and the impact of obligations and benefits from an HR perspective
- Interpret legislation and relevant awards Oversee the formation and conduct of workplace consultative committees and employees participation initiatives
- Oversee training needs
- Discuss workplace issues with senior management
- Planning, organising, and conducting training
- Provide advice and information to management on workplace relations policies and procedures, staff and external providers performance evaluation and disciplinary matters
- Document control and maintenance of personnel and external providers records and associated HR information
Key skills for HR officers
- Commercial awareness
- Relevant HR tertiary qualification
- Leadership and business management qualification
- Minimum experience of 5 years on the role
- Effective organisational skills
- Ability to form working relationships with people at all levels
- Teamwork skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Numerical skills
- Positive can-do attitude
- Excellent computer skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, problem solve, plan and prioritise tasks
An attractive package includes $60K yearly salary plus superannuation, annual leave loading, overtime, allowances, company vehicle, and all the benefits that go with the position.
If you fit the above criteria, please send your resume through to email@example.com
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years' experience do you have as a human resources adviser?
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- Do you have customer service experience?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?