Advertiser: Fletcher Building LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 18 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Road Transport
Laminex Australia - is a leader in the decorative surfaces industry in Australia; we manufacture and procure a broad range of products for commercial and residential use such as laminate, engineered stone and veneers. We pride ourselves on quality and design. We believe that good design enables good living and our ambition is to make design accessible for every Australian.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Storeperson/Driver to join us in our Fyshwick distribution centre in ACT. You will be a part of a close-knit and supportive warehouse team. Reporting to the Warehouse Supervisor you will assist with delivers and day to day operations of the warehouse with a flexible, responsive working style, focused on playing fair. You will ensure a committed approach to Health & Safety.
In this role you will:
- Receiving, picking, packing, and despatching goods to Laminex customers in the metro area.
- Loading and unloading goods using a forklift with some hand unloading.
- Able to lift up to 20kg.
- Assisting with customer deliveries as required.
- Identifying and reporting any distribution issues or hazards.
- Completing paperwork and basic administration tasks using the warehouse management system.
- Ensuring tasks are completed in a safe, timely and accurate manner.
- The successful applicant must be a licenced and experienced HR Truck Driver who holds a Forklift licence and has experience in multi-drop operations.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience:
- A valid Forklift Licence (LF) with relevant experience.
- A current truck licence (Heavy Rigid HR).
- Strong initiative, customer focus and the ability to work well with a team.
- The motivation to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Good computer literacy and the ability to utilise a warehouse management system.
- A good knowledge of ACT, Queanbeyan and the surrounds would be desirable.
- Strong safety mindset and eager to grow
Your team and environment
You will be working in a close knit & supportive team reporting into the warehouse supervisor who is big on training & development. They have an incredible safety culture so you must live and breathe safety! We are looking for someone to partner with us long term and in return we will have develop and train you in a wider frame of the business and provide a stable & work life balanced position. Laminex is an organic company and looks after it’s people as well as being under the Fletcher Building banner, it gives us more opportunity for development or internal mobility.
Laminex & Fletcher Building
Together we are part of Fletcher Building, Australasia’s largest building materials supplier. We manufacture building products; from insulation that keeps homes warm and dry, to cement, the foundation of built structures the world over. We operate retail businesses that distribute these products and many more to tradespeople right across the Tasman.
We employ 5,500 people across our Australian division; we know that our people are our greatest asset and as we continue to promote engaged and effective teams who deliver exceptional results for our customers, we are guided by our five core values - customer leading, play fair, better every day, be bold, and better together.
How to apply
Interested in joining the Laminex family? Please click the ‘Apply’ button below.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.