Senior Health & Safety Advisor
Advertiser: Saputo Dairy AustraliaMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Bairnsdale & Gippsland
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Construction, Health, Safety & Environment
About the business
Everything begins with passion, a legacy from the Saputo family, which offered tasty and quality cheeses to its community. Today, after more than 65 years, the company employs thousands of dedicated employees, proud of their role, who work day after day to deliver quality products to customers and consumers. To learn more visit us at http://www.saputo.com/en/careers
About the role
Our business is constantly evolving, and so is our team! We are recruiting a Senior Health & Safety Advisor to become part of our can-do and passionate team on a full-time, permanent basis. If this opportunity interests you, we would love to get to know you.
Based at our manufacturing site in Leongatha and reporting to the Senior Health and Safety Manager, this role is responsible for building on the already strong safety culture at the Leongatha site by ensuring effective systems are developed and implemented centring on frontline regulatory compliance, injury management, incident/data analysis, audits, investigations, training, emergency preparedness and presentations by providing a frontline presence to ensure safety is the number one priority for all employees.
- Partner with site/functional leaders and teams to ensure effective implementation of risk, incident, contractor and emergency management and developing and maintaining the Key Objective Plan (KOP) aligned to the overarching SDA safety KOP.
- Oversee a Safety Advisor who works from our Maffra manufacturing site.
- Ensure effective reporting and maintain trend analysis, using data and insights to support projects and drive continuous improvement
- Support internal governance and compliance on all health and safety matters, including the reporting and escalation of incidents, actioning and managing any legal and regulatory obligations in relation to safety.
- Lead safety incident investigations, providing technical expertise, support and coaching, ensuring corrective actions are monitored and effectively closed out within a timely manner.
- Partner with the site Training Coordinator to develop and provide training on relevant health and safety programs, such as LOTO, HSR development, contractor management, etc.
- Assist with the completion of risk assessments on plant, equipment, tools, process.
- Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety (or equivalent similar qualification)
- Previous experience in a similar role and industry (FMCG)
- Effective at influencing and coaching a wide variety stakeholders from Operators through to Senior Management
- Demonstrated ability to build effective working relationships and strong safety culture
- Demonstrated ability to understand and resolve safety matters, issues and challenges with the objective of creating a safe workplace
- Permanent, full time position
- Competitive salary package
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) program for employees and their families
- Employee share ownership program
Applications close Friday 4th December 22020
Saputo Dairy Australia is an equal opportunity employer
As we receive a high level of interest in our opportunities, only short-listed applicants will be contacted
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years of auditing experience do you have?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of claims management processes?
- Which of the following risk assessment techniques are you familiar with?
- What's your expected annual base salary?