Director of Coaching Netball - Rowville Sports Academy
Advertiser: Rowville Secondary College3 out of 53.0 overall rating (2 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Sport & Recreation, Coaching & Instruction
The responsibilities of this position will be:
- Oversee the development of a sporting program that is reflective of the status of Rowville Sports Academy as an elite provider of school-based sporting programs
- Model exemplary program delivery during sports coaching and all program activities e.g. competitions, additional elite sessions, athletic development, recovery, exposing students to the highest of standards
- Employ, deploy and instruct members of their coaching team, enabling each coach to bring their strengths to the development and delivery of our elite program
- Liaise with partner organisations on the delivery of their components of the program e.g. athletic development and strength and conditioning and ensure that their delivery maintains and adds to our elite sports learning environment
- Collaborate proactively with other Directors of Coaching to share ideas that maximise the sporting and learning culture of Rowville Sports Academy
- Monitor the wellbeing of students within their sport and recognise and support them during challenging times such as during “time poor” periods, referring them to support staff where appropriate or providing time for academic catch up or by applying other appropriate support structures
- Monitor the engagement of students in their sports coaching ensuring appropriate individual dialogue occurs between the coaching team and every student at appropriate intervals, such that enduring relationships are built and utilised for student growth in their sporting and academic activities.
- Ensuring the appropriate balance is maintained for students in their sporting and academic commitments.
- Continue to grow the reputation of Rowville Sports Academy within the community by promoting the program at various forums and by providing ideas for program improvement to the RSA Operations Manager
- Support the program budget by participating in revenue raising events such as RSA Elite Sports Camps and other fundraising ventures
- Report directly to the RSA Operations Manager on all matters related to the sporting program of Rowville Sports Academy
- Fixed term - Family Leave
- Begin Date 27/01/2021
- Part time 25hr/week
1. Demonstrated elite coaching and/or playing experience. For coaching this means coaching appointments at international or national level in either development and/or competition or registration at the highest level of accreditation in their sport. For playing this refers to participation in a national competition
2. Capacity to develop and document an elite level school sporting program consistent with those described in the typical duties for the position below.
3. Demonstrated capacity to help select, oversee and hold accountable the assistant coaches in your team, such that the program delivered is seen as a benchmark school sports program in Australian schools.
4. Commitment to continued professional learning and growth especially so as to consistently understand and champion the philosophy of RSA and to help create demand from families for the program
5. Capacity to work co-operatively and supportively with the RSA Operations Manager, the other Directors of Coaching, and their teams to build a culture of respect and endeavour within the RSA program
6. Demonstrated capacity to communicate highly effectively with members of the school community, including to provide or obtain support and assistance to students and families as appropriate when required
7. Demonstrated commitment to supporting, encouraging and ensuring success of your students in their academic pathways at Rowville Secondary College
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- How many years' experience do you have in the sports & fitness industry?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.