Mobile Family and Domestic Violence Outreach Worker
Advertiser: Goldfields Women's Refuge Association IncMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Kalgoorlie, Goldfields & Esperance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Housing & Homelessness Services
Family and Domestic Violence Mobile Outreach Worker
The Goldfields Women’s Refuge provides 24 hour safe and supported accommodation for women, with or without children, who are experiencing domestic or family violence or other crises, including homelessness or at risk of homelessness. We live by our core values:-
Respect the choices people make regardless of personal thoughts and opinions.
Encourage fairness without discrimination & advocate on behalf of those who are unable to advocate for themselves.
Work on healing the body, mind & soul & towards the transformation to a better existence.
Engage with those in need, to alleviate their suffering so they no longer stand alone.
Work together to transform the lives of the individual and/or children.
We are currently seeking a Family and Domestic Violence Mobile Outreach Worker to support women and children experiencing family and domestic violence and homelessness. You must have empathy and compassion and be ready to support individuals from diverse backgrounds and always follow our best practice, policies and procedures, while working as part of a team.
The successful applicant will be required to travel within the Goldfields region to service clients in surrounding towns.
Applicants are required to provide a copy of their resume as well as a cover letter outlining their suitability for the position and addressing the selection criteria.
Objective of Position
Deliver a mobile outreach initiative to improve the safety, resilience and capability of vulnerable women and their children experiencing family and domestic violence and prevent homelessness.
The Mobile Outreach Initiative will have the capacity to follow clients relocating from one setting to another or to another location within our geographical catchment.
Service delivery should be flexible with support tailored to clients’ needs in any safe setting. The intensity and duration of support may increase or decrease as clients’ circumstances change.
The successful applicant must be able to:
- Work as part of a broader service system that includes police, courts, child protection, non-government organisations to deliver a timely coordinated and client centred and culturally appropriate response to women and children affected by family and domestic violence
- Work with the Family and Domestic Violence Response Team in our local area.
- Provide client focussed responses, using a case management model to ensue women and accompanying children are kept safe, and are assisted to find solutions that enhance their individual safety and wellbeing needs, and prevent homelessness.
- Work with women and their children exiting women’s refuges to support them to sustain safe and secure accommodation.
- Provide support to women and their children in the community who are experiencing or at risk of family and domestic violence.
- Assist is supporting a person’s access to other support services and provide a client centred and culturally safe response.
- Work within the community to provide an early intervention and prevention response to women, with or without children, experiencing or at risk of family and domestic violence to be safe and supported.
Service Delivery Area
Kalgoorlie-Boulder; Coolgardie; Kambalda and if affiliated or able to travel with other service providers, the Greater Goldfields Region.
The successful applicant must have:
- A current “C” class WA Drivers Licence.
- A current National Police Clearance (less than 3 months old).
- A current Working with Children Check.
- A current First Aid Certificate.
Successful applicants will receive generous remuneration under the Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010.
Applications close 5.00pm Wednesday 2nd December 2020 and will only be accepted through Seek. Applicants who do not address their suitability for the position and address the selection criteria in a cover letter, as well as include a copy of their resume will not be considered.
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Police Check (National Police Certificate) for employment?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?
- Which of the following First Aid accreditations do you currently hold?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?