Perinatal Emotional Health Program Clinician (PEHP)
Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - Community, Maternal & Child Health
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) has approximately 930 staff and is a 180-bed tertiary teaching hospital (Level 1) providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
MBPH Mental Health Services offers a range of inpatient and community-based services for people experiencing mental illness and related issues in the Northern Mallee Region. We provide services to a diverse clientele including various cultural and indigenous backgrounds across the lifespan.
We provide a supportive environment with a positive culture that embraces professional development. We provide internal and external supervision and education facilitated by our own Mental Health Education Team.
About the Role:
The position is a part-time (0.5 EFT) ongoing position with shifts rostered during business hours with specific days to be negotiated.
This is a senior clinical role in which screens and follows up perinatal mental health concerns referred to the service. The successful candidate will play an important role in the provision of assessment, early intervention, support and education for women at risk of or experiencing perinatal mental health problems.
The successful applicant will be required to:
- Provide active follow up of mental health screening or perinatal mental health concerns identified by midwives, maternal and child health nurses or general practitioners;
- Support and up-skill midwives, maternal and child health nurses and mental health workers in identification, assessment and management of perinatal mental health problems;
- Provide psychoeducation to women and their families regarding perinatal mental health; and
- Provide advocacy for women with services to ensure timely responses
The position requires a Registered Nurse (RN4), Psychologist (PSY3), Occupational Therapist (OT3) or a Social Worker (SW3) who holds registration with the relevant professional bodies, preferably qualifications and experience within the mental health field.
In Addition, you will also have:
- Clinical interest and demonstrated experience in biopsychosocial assessment and therapeutic interventions.
- Previous clinical experience within the mental health industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, effective and engaging manner
- Experience in education in relation to perinatal mental health and early childhood development would be advantageous
- A current driver’s licence
If you have, any questions about this opportunity please contact Tania Brookes Manager: Child & Youth Mental Health Services at email@example.com
What we can offer you
- Access to Salary Packaging (pay less tax!) and novated leasing
- Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and innovative team environment
- Our Location! Further information regarding Mildura @ www.visitmildura.com.au
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description please visit our website www.mbph.org.au
Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, an Employee working with children’s check and undertake immunisation screening prior to commencement.
Closing – 9.00am Monday 7 December 2020.