Family Violence Advisor
Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Psychology, Counselling & Social Work
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) has approximately 930 staff and is a 180-bed tertiary teaching hospital (Level 1) providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
MBPH Mental Health Services offers a range of inpatient and community-based services for people experiencing mental illness and related issues in the Northern Mallee Region. We provide services to a diverse clientele including various cultural and indigenous backgrounds across the lifespan.
We offer clinicians the opportunity to work closely with all stake holders including consumers, carers and external services in not only the delivery of clinical services but in the provision of education and community development. This provides an environment for great outcomes and the ability to truly work in a holistic model encompassing recovery principles of care.
We provide a supportive environment with a positive culture that embraces professional development. We provide internal and external supervision and education facilitated by our own Mental Health Education Team.
About the Role:
The successful applicant will provide expertise and support for workers in the mental health sectors to identify and respond to family violence with their clients, whether they are experiencing family violence or perpetrating family violence.
The role will encourage joint practice and collaboration across the three sectors of mental health, AOD and family violence to provide an enhanced response to family violence. In doing so, advisors will promote the benefits of a catchment-wide understanding and collaborative response to family violence.
The position requires a Registered Nurse (RN4), Psychologist (PSY3), Occupational Therapist (OT3) or a Social Worker (SW3) who holds registration with the relevant professional bodies.
In Addition, you will also have:
- Clinical interest and demonstrated experience in the family violence field.
- Previous clinical experience within the mental health industry.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a member of a multi-disciplinary team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, demonstrated ability to communicate both verbally and in writing in a clear, effective and engaging manner
- Ability to quickly acquire in-depth knowledge and understanding of Family Violence Risk Assessment and Risk Management.
- Working understanding of relevant legislation in the context of family violence.
- Extensive experience and knowledge of working with diverse individuals and communities
If you have, any questions about this opportunity please contact Tania Brookes, Manager: Child & Youth Mental Health Services at email@example.com
What we can offer you
- Access to Salary Packaging (pay less tax!) and novated leasing
- Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and innovative team environment
- Our Location! Further information regarding Mildura @ www.visitmildura.com.au
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description please visit our website www.mbph.org.au
Applicants will be required to provide a current National Police check, an Employee working with children’s check and undertake immunisation screening prior to commencement.
Closing – 9.00am Monday 7 December 2020.