Advertiser: MidCoast CouncilMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- Competitive hourly rate
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Government & Defence, Government - Local
About the MidCoast Region
From lakes and estuaries to white sandy beaches and national park wilderness our LGA spans the Great Lakes, Gloucester and Manning regions and offers an attractive lifestyle. We strive to be recognised as a place of unique environmental and cultural significance. Our strong community connection, coupled with our innovative development and growing economy, builds the quality of life we value.
MidCoast Council is a workplace designed for outcomes-focused employees. We value, support and develop those who are committed to delivering positive results for our community and who bring a “can-do” attitude to their work. We empower our people to make decisions, to grow and to learn. Our community is our customer and is at the centre of everything we do. We strive for continuous improvement.
Right now we are investing heavily in our organisation, and our staff. In early 2021 we will be moving our administration staff into a brand new office in Taree South. We are implementing a single integrated enterprise resource planning solution to enable us to realise efficiencies for our staff and community.
- Part-time Library Assistant - Gloucester
- $26.50 per hour plus superannuation
- 9 hours per week on the following schedule: Wednesday 9:30am - 12:30pm, Thursday 10am - 1pm and Friday 10am - 1pm.
- Multiple Casual Library Assistant roles - Forster, Gloucester and Taree
- $26.50 per hour + 25% loading plus superannuation
- Hours will vary depending on the needs of the organisation.
These positions sit within the Libraries department and is responsible for the provision of professional customer service and supporting relevant library events and programs. The incumbents of these positions are expected to demonstrate the following attributes and capabilities in undertaking their role:
- Conduct interactions with customers professionally by clarifying and understanding the customer request, presenting options and explaining solutions
- Conduct transactions accurately and efficiently
- Promote Council’s brand by being positive, enthusiastic, engaging and consistently delivering quality services
- Assist with maintenance of public area, shelving, shelf-checking and tidying materials
- Provide assistance in using technology such as the Internet, wireless PCs, self-check units and eReaders
In order to be successful in this position you will require:
- Previous experience in the provision of quality customer service
- Experience and knowledge in the operations and systems of public libraries
- Demonstrated experience with computers and a familiarity with standard PC software applications
- Current Working with Children Check or willingness to obtain
- Current Class C drivers license
Part-time Library Assistant position will be based from:
- 27 Denison Street, Gloucester
Casual Library Assistant positions will be based across the following library locations:
- 27 Denison Street, Gloucester
- 4 Breese Parade, Forster
- 242 Victoria Street, Taree
Note: for the Casual positions, there will be opportunities to work across multiple locations.
How to apply:
- When responding to the questions, please include detailed relevant examples of your skills and experience.
- We recommend you prepare your responses to each selection criteria in a separate Word document and once complete copy your separate responses into the relevant section of the application form.
- Click the "NEXT" button at the bottom of the first page of the application form to attach your resume.
- You will be able to review your application before submitting it.
- We will be in touch via email.
At MidCoast Council, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities and we embrace fairness, diversity and inclusion.
For enquiries regarding the application process contact Felise Johnston, HR Recruitment & Processes Officer on 02 7955 7738.
Closing date: Thursday 3rd December 2020 at 11.30 pm.
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.