Human Resource Generalist - Taree
Advertiser: MSSMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Port Macquarie & Mid North Coast
- $35 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Human Resources & Recruitment, Consulting & Generalist HR
The is a newly created role due to rapid growth within MSS. The opportunity is for a permanent part-time position, 32 hours per week, in our Taree Office providing expert Human Resources Advice within MSS.
MSS is a multi-service organisation whose mission is to enhance the quality of people's lives by providing services which enable them to live with dignity and respect.
The role is responsible for varied human resource matters such as:
- Recruitment across all positions within MSS
- Providing exceptional employee relations advice on SCHADS award and all aspects of employee terms & conditions
- Advising Managers and supporting them in employee relations matters such as grievances, misconduct, performance management and workers compensation
- Maintaining accurate data and compliance within MSS Happy HR system
- Organisational development and training
- Policy development and review
As a representative of the organisation, the Human Resource Generalist enhances MSS's reputation as a provider of choice through their commitment to service excellence and client satisfaction.
What do we offer?
- Flexible work environment
- Workplace wellbeing program
- Professional development in a stable expanding organisation
- Positive work culture
- Salary Packaging up to $15,899 per fringe benefit tax year
- Meal entertainment and holiday accommodation card - additional salary package benefit up to $2650 per tax year.
- Paid time off between Christmas and New year in addition to holiday entitlement
What you need
Qualifications and Requirements
- Tertiary education in Human Resources
- Minimum 2 years Experience in Generalist HR role or Senior HR Advisor
- Current full drivers licence - must be able to drive to our Port Macquarie & Tuncurry MSS Offices also.
Skills and Experience
- Sound knowledge of HR legislation, practices and trends
- Ability to interpret agreements, awards and legislation
- Demonstrated experience in end to end recruitment
- Demonstrated experience using HR systems and strong technology skills
- Experience in advising managers on employee relations, disciplinary, grievance and performance & development matters and demonstrated experience in conducting workplace investigations
- Experience in managing Workers Compensation and return to work strategies
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, and external partners
- Forward-looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
- High level of problem-solving skills, ability to think quickly and learn new systems quickly
- Highly resourceful team-player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently
All candidates must send through a CV and address each of the selection criteria. Candidates that do not do this will not be considered.
Applications close on Friday 4th December at 5 pm
For any further information please contact Siobhan Kennedy, HR Manager on (02) 6551 1800.
- How many years' experience do you have in Human Resources (HR)?
- How many years' experience do you have in industrial relations & employment law?
- How many years of recruitment experience do you have?
- Have you completed a qualification in human resources (HR)?
- Have you worked in a role which requires a sound understanding of employment & workplace relations?