Disability Support Worker
Advertiser: Glenray Industries LimitedMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Blue Mountains & Central West
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
- Part-time and Casual positions available
- Lithgow locations
- Work with amazing clients in a rewarding role
Glenray Industries is a disability support provider under the NDIS. Our vision is that all people with a disability have the opportunity to develop to their individual potential.
Glenray Industries has an exciting career opportunity available. We currently need reliable, experienced and preferably qualified Disability Support Workers to work with our clients.
We have part-time and casual positions available, and these positions require working on shift rosters, as we have clients who need our care 24/7.
We are looking for someone who preferably has a Certificate III (or higher) in Disability Services, Community Services, Aged Care or similar. Ideally, you will have experience:
- Working as a Disability Support Worker or equivalent
- Providing direct support for persons with a disability with a strong focus on person-centred outcomes
In this role, some of your key responsibilities will be:
- Assisting participants with personal care, health and hygiene as required
- Assisting participants to work towards achieving their goals and aspirations
- Assisting participants with involvement in internal and external activities and programs
- Communicating with families, guardians, advocates as required to discuss participants progress and issues
You need to have excellent communication skills, with a strong desire to achieve results with clients and above all, a great passion for helping those who need our care and support. You will also need to provide a copy of your current first aid certificate, paid employment working with children check and police check before commencing employment.
A sound understanding of and demonstrated commitment to WHS, ethical practice and the NDIS Code of Conduct and Ethics, is also required.
If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Please include your resume and an application letter, including your availability for working (we have care requirements 24 hours per day, 7 days per week).
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- Have you completed a qualification in disability?