Systems Engineer or Senior Systems Engineer
Advertiser: Shoal Group Pty LtdMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Systems Engineering
Ever wondered why you think differently? Why you seek to understand ‘how does it work’ and ‘what if’ when others simply accept what is? Do you get excited at the prospect of solving complex problems using the most innovative tools and approaches? Does your curiosity to ‘get in and understand’, to test, to try this and that, to evaluate, to make things easier and decisions better, drive the person you are at work and at home?
Is this who you are?
If it is…you’ve found a team of people just like you…a team of people who believe no problem is too big. A team of people that despite sharing the same passion for finding answers, come from diverse backgrounds and different experiences. We are leaders in systems thinking and adopt a rigorous complex systems engineering approach based on best practices gleaned from around the world.
We use it in Defence, to help protect the Australian way of life. We use it in space, to deliver emerging capabilities in a rapidly expanding sector. We use it in transport to help governments and organisations make better decisions. We even use it to save lives through cutting edge conceptual design in the biomedical industry.
Our team, founded in 2001, headquartered in Adelaide and with a presence across Australia and New Zealand, put all the pieces of the system together to make sense of a complex world.
- Working collaboratively with client Systems Engineering Teams and Shoal’s Digital Engineering experts, develop innovations in systems engineering and analysis
- Apply Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) approaches to support the development of concepts and specifications, and to support organisations deliver complex capability
- Apply systems thinking to deliver client focused outcomes across projects
- Communicate technical outcomes using the most appropriate format, to a broad range of audiences
- Contribute to international thought leadership in systems engineering
- Proactively contribute to corporate improvement activities and company-wide events
- Take a proactive role in your own development, drawing in the support and guidance of relevant stakeholders to help determine professional development needs and opportunities.
You will have:
- Eligible to obtain an Australian Defence security clearance to Negative Vetting 1 (NV-1) or equivalent for international applicants
- Bachelor of Engineering, or equivalent, accredited or able to be accredited with Engineers Australia
- A passion for systems engineering and architecting systems
- Exposure to all aspects of the engineering lifecycle and experience in the delivery side of engineering projects
- Project management and technical engineering experience on complex projects
- Capacity to problem solve and make decisions in the face of uncertainty
What we’d love you to have:
- Experience using MBSE tools, for example Cameo Systems Modeller/MagicDraw, GENESYS.
- Experience using DOORS/DOORS NG for requirements management
- Relevant Master’s degree
- CSEP accreditation with the International Council on Systems Engineering (INCOSE)
Are you curious?
Applications should be addressed to Melissa Ciplys (Head of People and Culture). Submit your CV via Seek or give Melissa a call on 0448001427 to have a chat.
At Shoal, your job will involve exploring ideas that can be a part of and shape the smartest solutions to the world’s most complex problems – and we’ll both support you to do it AND give you time to think about it. You will be allocated time to get involved and explore ‘big ideas’, participate in R&D as part of our moon shot project, join our ‘tackling poverty’ project, develop through our Career Progression Framework, banter with our Ideas Club, or try to reach the top of our Mario Kart ladder (warning – the competition is fierce). We know that the best solutions need deep thought, so we invest in what will spark ideas and bring solutions to life.
To find out more about Shoal, visit our website: https://www.shoalgroup.com/
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you hold Australian Security Clearance?