IT Support OfficerPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
We are seeking the services of a highly skilled and efficient level 2 technical support to group of medical practices. Working remotely (from our Hawthorn office) and on-site, you will resolve technical issues for operating systems and customer business applications. You will be responsible for the overall health and smooth operation of IT infrastructure.
You will proactively perform maintenance activities, deploy technical solutions, record, track, and document, maintain strong relationships with a range of customers including local and remote users, senior management, and external providers/third-party vendors.
Reporting into the IT Team Leader, you will act as first point of contact, providing support for any information technology issues and problems. You will thrive in a busy environment and enjoy taking responsibility for the support of our internal systems and identifying opportunities for improvement within our businesses.
- Strong customer service ethic
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a challenging environment
- Strong analysis & troubleshooting skills
- Exceptionally good attention to detail
- Thrive working on concurrent problems, including issue triage and prioritisation
- Able to follow instruction and work within IT deadlines
- Ability to work alone and manage rapidly changing priorities
- High learning agility
- Have own car and be able to travel to various sites across Melbourne
- Proactive, flexible attitude to work with a willingness to be included in rosters
- Site work may be required from time to time
- Afterhours work will be required from time to time and on call roster
Experience in IT support:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a customer service base role
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a level 2 support role
- Excellent Knowledge networking fundamentals TCP/IP, LAN, WAN
- Network experience including switching, routing configuration and installation
- Experience in diagnosis and repair of hardware and software issues on servers and client computers.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft server technologies (AD, Group Policies, DNS, Hyper-V & Exchange administration)
- Experience with installation, maintenance, repair and support of the ICT environment and systems by applying knowledge and technical skills in several the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows 7, 10
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012 R2, 2016
- Remote access (ScreenConnect/ConnectWise)
- Helpdesk (Atera, Spiceworks, etc)
- Network and performance monitoring Tools
- Unifi networking equipment
- Windows server system administration – Active Directory, DHCP and DNS
- 3CX (VoIP PABX)
- Backup – monitoring and troubleshooting (Shadow Protect, Acronis, Veeam, Altaro)
- Microsoft Exchange implementation, migration, management (local and online)
- Virtualisation implementation, migration, management (Hyper-V, VMware)
- It is desirable if you have experience with Medical Director Pracsoft and Clinical, Best Practice Software, but not essential
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide Level 2 Support (at times on-site)
- Provide level 1 and 2 support with exposure to level 3
- Creating a positive customer support experience using helpdesk, email, and phone to ensuring timely resolution or escalation and logging all incidents and requests through the helpdesk system
- Monitor and maintain systems, providing support to ensure they run effectively and efficiently
- Responsible for server and workstation management
- Provide support maintaining network users & security levels
- Deliver exceptional technical support and operate within specific SLA's
- Migration, implementation, configuration, deployment of Windows servers
- Migration of Exchange services
- SQL server database administration, troubleshooting and maintenance
- Work as part of a business that is constantly evolving and contribute to our roadmap
- Creation, modification, and management of support documentation
- Helping to manage the deployment, configuration and security of desktop and mobile devices
- Assist with the maintenance and management of IT assets including their acquisition, transfer, and disposal
- Work cooperatively within the team to continually improve the value of ICT services to the group through the provision of appropriate, efficient, and effective support, solutions, and infrastructure
Remuneration will be based on experience and skill level. If you wish to apply to this fantastic opportunity, please submit your CV today!
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How many years' experience do you have in the IT industry?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?