Community Services Coordinator
Advertiser: Spinal Cord Injuries Australia4 out of 54.0 overall rating (6 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Tamworth & North West NSW
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Community Services & Development, Aged & Disability Support
Spinal Cord Injuries Australia (SCIA) is a member-based national Social Enterprise that promotes independence and provides services to people with a spinal cord injury and other physical disabilities to assist them to get 'back on track' and achieve their goals. Working together with our customers, we assist in the elimination of barriers that prevent social inclusion for people with a spinal cord injury and other physical disability, ensuring that the society in which we live is accessible in every way.
We are looking for a passionate individual to join our regional team in New England as a Community Services Coordinator. The Community Services Coordinator will positively engage with our customers and assist them to actively identify, plan and access various supports and services available to them under the NDIS.
- Provide case management to identified customers
- Provide direct support coordination and plan management/financial intermediary services for our NDIS customers
- Attend NDIS planning meetings and liaise with NDIS planners as required
- Create and complete goal setting and outcome based plans for customers
- Collaborate with customers, families, providers, medical practitioners and other stakeholders.
You are an advocate for people living with disability with the following experience and capabilities:
- Understanding of the NDIS and NDIS participant plans
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Good financial acumen including the ability to review and explain financial statements
- Proven ability to work positively with people to reach their individual goals
- Excellent documentation skills in particular case records and incident planning and reporting
- Have a person centred and outcome focused approach
- Be a good self-manager
- The ability to meet KPI's in relation to billable hours
- Industry relevant formal qualifications or training
- Case management / case worker experience
- Unrestricted NSW driver's licence.
SCIA offers a flexible, supportive and friendly work environment and an attractive remuneration package including PBI salary packaging options.
The position can be worked either full-time (37.5 hrs per week) or part-time role (30 hrs per week). You may choose to work based from both the office or from home.
If you are interested in this rewarding and challenging opportunity please send a covering letter explaining your interest in this role and our organisation, and your CV by using the "APPLY" button here. You may contact Judith on 1800 819 775 for more information.
Only applicants meeting the above criteria will be considered for this role.
Applications for this role will close on Tuesday 1st December 2020.
Successful candidates are required to complete pre-employment screening including a criminal background check.
We encourage people with a disability to apply for roles and talk to us about opportunities with SCIA.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How many years' experience do you have as a service coordinator?
- Do you have prior experience as a disability support worker?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.