Executive Chef - Port Lincoln Hotel, Eyre Peninsula - South AustraliaPrivate Advertiser
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Hospitality & Tourism, Chefs/Cooks
PORT LINCOLN HOTEL
Eyre Peninsula, South Australia
Role commencing January 2021
Employer assisted accommodation is available for this role
About the Hotel
The award winning Port Lincoln Hotel is recognised as a leader in hospitality and tourism on the Eyre Peninsula in South Australia. From wedding and conference groups, to corporate clients, holiday makers and visitors looking for a relaxing weekend away, the Eyre Peninsula has it all.
Featuring a full floor of function facilities, 111 rooms of accommodation, pool deck, gym, Sharkys Bar, Sarins Bar and restaurant areas as well as a Sip n' Save drive through Bottleshop and Gaming facilities the Port Lincoln Hotel is unrivalled in the region.
As part of the Hurley Hotel Group, the Port Lincoln Hotel offers experience and expertise in the Hospitality Industry along with support of the business for both the property and individuals employed within it.
Reporting to the Hotel Manager and Company Directors the Executive Chef will be responsible for:
- Providing meals service to all areas of the Hotel consistently and at the highest possible standard
- Promoting the unique features of the Port Lincoln Hotel and Eyre Peninsula region
- Training and mentoring a large team of chefs, apprentices and kitchenhands
- Maintaining culture and longevity of the team
- Writing menus & function packages and working with all departments to ensure the best outcome for the Hotel as a whole
- Maintain existing agreements with local meat, seafood and fruit & veg suppliers
- Working to and achieving budgets and targets without compromising the end product
- Ensuring all kitchen operations are implemented and safe food handling practices are strictly adhered to from a thorough understanding of the relevant requirements
About the applicant
The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and engagement abilities, positive energy and excellent personal presentation. Naturally, you will have well-developed culinary expertise supported by high-level communication skills.
As a self-motivated, passionate and focused individual you will possess the following attributes:
- Have significant previous experience in a high volume environment
- Have experience in large multi-function venue with a specialist focus in conferencing, social and corporate functions and wedding catering
- A willingness and ability to work with and within the local community
- Be a good leader, communicator and a patient trainer
- Creativity and knowledge of current trends
- Organised and able to work on several projects and offerings simultaneously
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- High food standards in taste and presentation
- Solid wage management, stocktake and food gross profit monitoring skills
- Full knowledge of all kitchen operations and safe food handling
- The ability to work various shifts including nights and weekends
Salary to be negotiated commensurate with experience
Please apply now to be considered for this vacancy
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Which of the following culinary arts qualifications have you obtained?
- What's your expected annual base salary?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- How many years' experience do you have as a head chef / chef de cuisine?
- Are you prepared to relocate to the Regional City of Port Lincoln, South Australia (population 16,000) for this role?
- What appeals to you about the Executive Chef vacancy at the Port Lincoln Hotel?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.