Advertiser: Catholic Education Townsville5 out of 55.0 overall rating (1 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Northern QLD
- $31.47 - $32.46 per hour pending experience
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Accounting, Accounts Officers/Clerks
St Teresa's College, Abergowrie is a Catholic secondary boy's boarding college. Located in an ideal rural setting in the heart of the Herbert River Valley, the College is approximately 30 km north west of Ingham and situated on Warrgamay land. The main industries are sugarcane, forestry, and cattle. Abergowrie is close to Wallaman Falls which is the highest single drop waterfall in Australia and the beautiful Broadwater National Park.
Townsville Catholic Education provides a supportive, flexible working environment where care for the individual is an important part of our ethos. We employ motivated people who want to work together to produce excellent outcomes for our students. Our staff is recognised as being central to achieving our mission.
About the role
The Finance Officer is responsible for providing support to the Principal with the financial functions of the college, demonstrating a high level of self-initiative, flexibility and dependability.
The Finance Officer is required to be familiar with the School Mission Statement and to strive to achieve the spirit of this statement in performing the role. The Finance Officer demonstrates a high degree of skill and proficiency in managing a high volume of general phone enquiries and in office procedures.
The Finance Officer, under the direction of the Principal, will be responsible for the following:
- Responsibility for all school purchasing, banking and cash handling
- Assist with annual budget preparation, student fee generation and collection of fees
- Manage claims for Abstudy financial assistance and reimbursements
- Provide support in relation to census reporting requirements
- Preparation of financial reports and documentation to support audit requirements and reporting commitments
- Carry out a diverse range of school administration duties including record management to support the effective functioning of the school
- Providing information and responding to enquiries from the school community
- Work in collaboration with the finance team – Townsville Catholic Education Office (TCEO)
- Any other tasks as reasonably requested by the Principal or College Leadership Team.
- Relevant financial administration experience including GST and preparation of BAS
- Demonstrated experience in carrying out financial accounting capabilities
- Relevant administration experience including the use of financial software programs.
- Knowledge of GST as it applies to schools
- Knowledge of bad debt/accounts receivable management
- Highly developed computer literacy with the ability to operate a variety of platforms.
- Supports productive relationships with a demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Ability to organise work, manage own time to meet deadlines, and be adaptable in response to changing priorities
- High level of attention to detail and recognition of the importance of accuracy in all aspects of the work
- Ability to show initiative, flexibility, solve problems and contribute to process improvement in a complex environment.
- Enthusiastic, energetic, flexible with a proactive attitude.
- Current Working with Children Suitability Card - The successful candidate will require a paid Blue Card before commencement as per the No Card, No Start policy developed by Queensland Government
- Minimum certificate level or higher qualification or equivalent relevant experience.
- Current Driver’s Licence
- Ability to travel from time to time within the Catholic Diocese of Townsville
- Ability to perform the physical requirements of the role in a safe manner.
- Certificate in Business Administration
- Previous experience in the education field would be considered advantageous.
What we offer
- Competitive Salary starting: $31.47 - $32.46 per hour pending experience
- 4 weeks (Pro Rata) Annual Leave with 17.5% leave loading
- Salary packaging options
- Modern facilities, equipment and resources
- Superannuation up to 12.75% employer contribution (in a co-contribution arrangement)
- Access to long service leave after 7 years of continuous service
- 14 Weeks’ paid parental leave
- Deferred Salary Scheme
- Corporate health insurance
- Induction, professional development and learning opportunities
- Well-being programs and initiatives
How to apply
- Complete the application form
- Upload a cover letter addressing the skills, attributes and experience to support the key accountabilities of the role identified in the position description
- Upload a current resume including contact details (phone and email of two professional referees
Please see the Position Description for more information.
Applications during the shortlisting phase will be kept confidential.
Applications close Friday, 4th December 2020 unless filled prior.