Senior Project Engineer
Advertiser: Wyndham City Council3.7813 out of 53.8 overall rating (32 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Project Engineering
- Manage projects from conception to completion
- Permanent full-time or flexible, Wyndham based
- Salary from $101,069 pa plus super
We are Wyndham, one of Australia’s fastest growing and most diverse cities.
Our people are hard at work designing the precincts, building the infrastructure, developing the policies and delivering the programs that will ensure the City is prepared to welcome over 200,000 new residents by 2040.
Shape new possibilities. Be part of something more.
A bit about the role
The Senior Project Engineer will ensure all work carried out on behalf of the Wyndham City is compliant, supports the successful operation of the Engineering Design Unit and contributes to the success of the City Operations Directorate.
Your extensive knowledge of engineering design standards and guidelines, construction principles, project management, contract management and stakeholder engagement will see you producing high quality civil design works for Wyndham’s Capital Works Program.
What you’ll deliver
- Coordinate the planning, engineering design and delivery of major capital works
- Build and foster relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Manage, monitor and report on the delivery of major projects
- Specialist technical and engineering advice
- Training and technical support for AutoCAD and 12D users
What you’ll bring
- Tertiary qualification in Civil Engineering and eligibility for membership of the Institution of Engineers Australia
- Highly developed organisational, conflict resolution, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Extensive demonstrated experience in civil road design, project management, 12D and AutoCAD
- Current Victorian Driver’s licence
- Current Worksafe construction induction accreditation (white card)
Be part of something more
Take a look at our job opportunities and you may be surprised at what you discover: a future-focused culture, a sense of purpose and possibility, and real opportunities to strengthen our diverse community. It all adds up to make Wyndham City a great place to belong.
Our people are our most valued asset. We are focused on building a culture that empowers every person to do their best work. Flexibility is built right into our DNA and we are committed to cultivating an inclusive workplace that celebrates a diverse workforce. Ask us how this role can be worked.
So, are you ready to shape new possibilities?
If you think this role might be for you, we want to hear from you. Please apply by following the links and sending us a cover letter and your resume. We do not require any selection criteria to be addressed.
For a confidential discussion, please contact Vince Demaria, Coordinator Engineering Design on 9742 0777.
Applications will be accepted until 11:59PM Thursday 3rd December 2020
Wyndham City Council is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating safe and inclusive environments where everyone can grow and succeed.