Adolescent and Family Counsellor
Advertiser: Ted Noffs Foundation3.3077 out of 53.3 overall rating (13 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
"Our Mission is to help disadvantaged young Australians become advantaged. Together, we can continue to make a difference for the next generation of young Australians."
Type: Full Time
Location: Outreach within Nepean and Blue Mountains NSW
Remuneration: Social, Community, Home Care and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 (Level 5) + full salary packaging options available + vehicle
Founded in 1970, the Ted Noffs Foundation offers young people the support and opportunities to reach their full potential.
Noffs is looking for an Adolescent and Family Counsellor to support young people experiencing substance use and mental health issues through engagement, case management and counselling. In particular, the service will focus on working in an outreach setting across the Nepean and Blue Mountains region.
Responsibilities and duties include:
- Conduct thorough assessments of clients.
- Provide individual counselling as required.
- Provide family counselling (or refer) and other relationship counselling as required.
- Provide individual case work support and referring to other parties as required.
- Liaise effectively with referrers, other service providers and families to ensure best service for the client.
- Create and manage effective referral pathways for clients to access the service.
- Arrange community networking for a young person to encourage positive interactions in a safe and supportive environment.
- Deliver case management services for young people as appropriate.
- Maintain client records, statistical records and provide reports as required.
- Develop and maintain referral pathways.
- Travel within the Nepean & Blue Mountains catchment providing AOD counselling services.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications e.g. psychology, counselling, social work.
- Experience and demonstrated ability to work with young people between the ages of 12 and 25 years old.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both as a team member and as a practitioner with minimal supervision.
- Strong personal and interpersonal boundaries.
- Demonstrated experience and flexibility to operate in an outreach setting.
- Must hold and maintain a current Drivers License (Provisional Drivers Licence Minimum) and a cleared NSW Working With Children Check.
Desirable Selection Criteria:
- Experience in the drug and alcohol sector.
- Registration or eligible for membership with AHPRA or other professional association.
- Minimum 2 years direct counselling experience.
Ted Noffs Foundation is committed to equal employment opportunity and embraces diversity and inclusion within its workforce. As such, people from diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply. This includes, but is not limited to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, People with Disability, Women and People from Culturally and Linguistically Diverse backgrounds.
How to Apply:
Submit your application via SEEK which must include a Resume and a Cover Letter addressing the selection criteria. Applications must be received by 6th December 2020.
For further information, contact us at email@example.com. Please note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Do you have a current Working With Children (WWC) Check?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have experience working with young people with complex needs?