ICT Help Desk Support Officer
Advertiser: Community ResourcesMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
About us: Community Resources in a national not-for-profit community development organisation. We exist to create jobs that make communities better.
To do this, we run three environmental repair social enterprises - Green Connect, Soft Landing and Resource Recovery Australia; as well as a range of community services.
Last financial year we employed 469 people, across NSW, ACT, VIC, QLD and WA, 75% of whom joined us experiencing barriers to employment. These jobs cared for people and the planet, and through this work we kept 52,000 tonnues of waste from landfill, grew and distributed 35,166 kilograms of fair food, and provided 18,016 instances of community service to individuals.
Role Purpose: To perform ICT Help Desk support and service to the organisation's computer users. The role will be an integral part of the ICT team assisting day-to-day maintenance of IT software, systems and infrastructure.
- Provide first point of contact support for all helpdesk requests
- Demonstrate high customer service standards for providing solutions and support to Community Resources' staff.
- Provide after-hours support for critical help desk requests when required
- Maintain and monitor help desk portal and ticket queue in help desk software, ensuring timely resolution and tickets
- Install, test, deploy, troubleshoot and upgrade desktops, laptops and printers
- Troubleshoot network access for PC's and mobile devices
- Maintain end user accounts, permissions and access rights
- Provide support for various office software
- Provide training to staff (group training, one-on-one training and producing training documentation).
- Participate in reviews of ICT help desk performance to identify productivity and service level requirements
- Monitor own work and make suggestions for improvement
- Identify own training needs and pursue opportunities
- Identify and implement workplace safety and ergonomics improvements.
Key Contacts: The ICT Help Desk Technician role will be part of the Community Resources' Quality Assurance team. You will work alongside the ICT Service Coordinator and ICT System Administrator for day-to-day tasks and report to Quality Assurance Manager.
To Apply: We look forward to knowing more from your CV and brief covering letter which will cover the following qualifications, skills and abilities.
Qualifications and licences
- IT Qualifications and/or relevant training
- Drivers licence
- Minimum 2 years experience in a Help Desk environment
- Use of a help desk ticketing system to administer and escalate support requests
- Practical experience in Office 365 including SharePoint
- Practical experience troubleshooting network infrastructure
- Experience providing support and training to computer users with varying levels of ability
- Troubleshooting and resolving support requests in-person, remotely and on-site.
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Excellent customer service skills including verbal and written communication
- A strong sense of urgency, attention to detail and solutions focused mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to clearly document support issues in detail for future reference
- Strong time and priority management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to follow instructions, multitask and prioritise
- Demonstrated commitment to own cultural awareness, safety & wellness
- Commitment to proactively contributing to workplace safety
- Commitment to model ethical conduct aligned to organisation values in performance of duty.
The successful candidate will need to undertake probity checks as necessary for the role.
We are an organisation that acknowledges systemic disadvantage and discrimination exist, and one that values diverse experience. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, people with different abilities, and people re-entering the workforce.
Find out more about us by visiting www.communityresources.org.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you available to travel for this role when required?