Senior Consultants - Business Operations Advisory - Enterprise
Advertiser: KPMG3.3916 out of 53.4 overall rating (309 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Sydney, CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Consulting & Strategy, Management & Change Consulting
- Build a long term career with great people in a varied and multi-disciplinary environment
- Enjoy the people-first culture with a focus on a balanced work environment
- Be part of our growth and innovation strategy
KPMG Australia is part of a global network providing extensive services across a wide range of industries and sectors. Our people collaborate, share their expertise and create innovation as we partner with clients to solve complex challenges, empower change, drive disruption and growth. We look for talented people with the potential to make an extraordinary difference for our clients, our firm and our communities.
Enterprise Advisory is dedicated to the mid-market and committed to the growth of the sector. The mid-market is the engine room of the Australian economy and generates a quarter of the Australian revenue. Mid-size businesses are our focus, and we are passionate about them because of their entrepreneurial nature and the way they approach their strategy and their execution.
We are looking for top performing Senior Consultants with demonstrable experience in designing business operations and execution roadmaps that consider processes, technology and people. A problem solver that has a passion for delivering innovative business models, operating models and business-technology architectures to our clients. An advisor with a sense of ownership and collaboration.
As a Senior Consultant in our Greater Sydney team, you will primarily be involved in the delivery of projects to our clients as part of a project team consisting of people who are your peers, junior consultants, senior practitioners, under the accountability of a Partner. Next to your delivery activities you will be involved in sales activities, from lead generation to conversion. We are passionate about helping our clients, and that to us comes with a responsibility of coaching our junior team to be successful in business development in the future.
Working as an integral part of our Enterprise Advisory Management Consulting team in Greater Sydney you will consult on client projects, translating business and customer needs into innovative and executable business and operating models enabled by technology. You will identify changes and recommend solutions that will typically involve a combination of customer/citizen centricity, process and value stream analysis, digital transformation, and operational excellence outcomes. You will be exposed to a range of exciting projects across multiple industry and sectors in the mid-market. You can be assured that you will be coached, but will also get the exposure to shine and grow in your role, as you craft your path to Manager and beyond.
Your role will include, working with senior practitioners:
- Translate the voice of the customer info future process designs and operational practices;
- Define target operating models to align organisational strategy to processes, people, capabilities and technology;
- Shape transformation (i.e. execution) plans to bring your business and operating model designs to life;
- Define technology strategies and technology architectures that support the enterprise strategies and the business operations of our clients;
- Co-develop compelling, differentiated and innovative value propositions, services and solutions;
- Work in collaboration with the rest of KPMG to leverage the breadth of the firm’s expertise and innovation;
- Apply consulting skills, from storyboarding and facilitating workshops through to producing high quality deliverables and seeking feedback from juniors, peers and seniors;
- Bring passion and expertise - consulting capabilities and competencies - that positions you as being a role model for our junior consultants;
- Train and coach junior consultants in continuous improvement, frameworks, methodologies and consulting skills;
- Support business development activities, from lead generation through to conversion, under the lead of managers, associate directors, directors and / or Partners of the organisation;
- Creating and maintaining strong relationships internally, and with clients during and post engagements.
How are you Extraordinary?
At KPMG, we believe diversity of thought, background and unique experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities.
To be considered for this opportunity, your qualifications, skills & experience include the following:
- Previous experience working for a well-regarded Management Consulting firm;
- Demonstrated ability to apply structured thinking and analysis techniques to ambiguous problems;
- Experience or exposure to the practical application of continuous improvement cycles;
- Experience delivering business operating models, from design through to implementation, and /or shaping technology architectures to support business operations, from design to implementation;
- Good understanding of how to execute on the following, with guidance and supervision of senior SMEs:
- Apply best practice frameworks in operations and technology;
- Research market and industry data, with a second to none ability to be a data driven thinker, comfortable with analysing large volumes of qualitative and quantitative data and information to inform operating model strategies;
- Design business models and operating models using best practice frameworks;
- Shape strategy execution and transformation roadmaps that go beyond paper;
- Embed technology into the design and implementation of business operating models;
- Build a business case for business and technology investments;
- Structured problem solving with capability to canvas the path to a part of a solution;
- Coaching our junior consultants;
- Good communication skills, verbal and written;
- Good business writing skills;
- An obsession to provide excellent advice to your customers with honesty and integrity;
- Good interpersonal skills and stakeholder management skills;
- Demonstrated capability in working collaboratively in an environment where constructive feedback is a norm, in alignment with our KPMG values.
This is a great opportunity to become a solid all-rounder while looking for your own sweet spot and own it.
The KPMG Difference
Our people are focused on creating a diverse and dynamic environment that embraces and values differences. We value the variety of unique experiences, qualities and characteristics our people possess and we share and learn from each other.
We are proud to be consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and for our achievements in LGBT+ workplace inclusion.
Our commitment to ‘Flexibility’ allows our people to manage the changing demands of work, personal or family life. Explore the links below to hear our people share their experience @ KPMG.
Make KPMG the clear choice for your career and be Extraordinary!
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.