Engineer / Senior Engineer - Hydraulics
Advertiser: Arcadis3.5122 out of 53.5 overall rating (41 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, CBD & Inner Suburbs
- Organisation that promotes great work/life balance
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Engineering, Building Services Engineering
- Work in the building services sector with significant client interaction
- Flexible work options
- Permanent role based in Melbourne
What are we looking for?
Due to continued growth, a position has been opened to support the Building Services team’s projects in Melbourne. Your role will include:
- Delivery and sign-off of both wet and dry fire services, and hydraulics services design on significant building projects in infrastructure, commercial, retail, health and transport sectors;
- Working on projects in high rise construction, re-development and upgrade of existing buildings, new builds and complicated structures. Experience in infrastructure projects an advantage;
- Providing input into the sector strategy/ business plans, as required, and contributing towards its achievement;
- Proactively managing selected projects (or components of projects), taking responsibility for resource allocation, managing subcontractors, managing the production of analysis and design (including drawings and reports), ensuring the integrity of the overall design (in collaboration with other design disciplines), quality assurance and client feedback;
- Seeking new opportunities through project work by building on and creating new working relationships;
- Gaining a good understanding of the background of the client’s business and industry to facilitate building effective and enduring relationships and consolidating both company and personal credibility in the industry; and
- Providing direction to the project team and promoting awareness of technical and commercial risk assessments and mitigation and best value design options.
Who are we looking for?
You will have:
- 5-7+ years' demonstrated experience on delivery of hydraulic/wet and dry fire design projects within a broad range of sectors including infrastructure, commercial, health, education, retail and Transport projects;
- Relevant post-graduate experience, including supervising aspects of a project of significant scale and/or complexity, application of standards, managing of resources and technical knowledge;
- Suitable for chartered membership with Engineers Australia;
- Qualifications in Civil or Mechanical Engineering;
- Demonstrated experience in delivery of medium to large scale projects to clients through all project phases; and
- Strong client focus and the ability to work within or lead a project and the ability to work in a complex challenging environment.
Who are we?
Arcadis is the leading design & consultancy firm for natural and built assets with a passion to improve the quality of life and be recognised as the best. To achieve this, we collaborate with 27,000 Arcadians in over 350 offices around the globe on world changing projects.
With skilled and talented people onboard, we provide major companies and governments around the globe with groundbreaking design, consultancy, engineering, business advisory, architecture, cost and commercial, and project management expertise.
Why work for us?
We are an award-winning company that offers all Arcadians flexible work arrangements, attractive salaries, global growth opportunities and both formal and informal career development training. As an equal opportunity employer, we value and promote diversity at Arcadis and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
- 2020 WGEA Equal Opportunity Employer of Choice for Gender Equality
- 2019 Flex Able certified employer
- 2018 Great Place to Work certified employer
Visit our careers page for more information or to apply: www.arcadis.com/applynow
Kindly note, we will not accept applications from recruitment agencies for this role. At Arcadis we choose to deal with you directly so if you are interested, please apply!