Dog Pound Attendant
Advertiser: Nillumbik Shire Council2.8333 out of 52.8 overall rating (6 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Melbourne, Northern Suburbs
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Veterinary Services & Animal Welfare
- Permanent part-time position (Monday - Friday), 22.12 hours per week
- Dynamic and diverse work environment
- Work with a dedicated and passionate team
- Band 2 - $64,728.65 total remuneration includes 9.5% super and annual leave loading plus industry allowance (pro-rata 0.58 EFT $37,542.62 includes 9.5% super and annual leave loading plus industry allowance)
The Shire of Nillumbik is located 25 kilometres from Melbourne's CBD. The Shire covers an area of 430 square kilometres with the southern boundary of the Shire being the Yarra River, and the North-Eastern boundary extending to the Kinglake Ranges.
Nillumbik Shire Council offers its community a wide range of services from all of life stage care and development programs, environmental, leisure and recreational opportunities, through to vibrant tourism, cultural and artistic programs and events, and includes a state-of-the-art waste management system and infrastructure.
Feedback from staff about why they enjoy working at Nillumbik is about the people, helping our community and the diverse and ever-changing landscape of Local Government.
About the role
We are seeking a dedicated, caring person to work directly with animals, providing basic care, exercise and enrichment activities.
The ideal candidate will enjoy working with animals, have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working in a sometimes challenging environment. You will need a Certificate III in Companion Studies or similar.
- Cleaning animal enclosures - this includes clearing away animal waste, disinfecting and preparing comfortable bedding
- Preparing food including special dietary supplements
- Administering basic medications under veterinary direction
- You will be joining a dedicated and professional team focused on quality, education and outstanding customer service
- Work alongside hard-working and passionate team members to achieve a positive outcome for members of the community by reuniting them with their loved pets
How to apply
- Read the Position Description
- Include cover letter responding to key selection criteria and current resume
- To obtain any additional information regarding this position please contact Caroline Correa, Community Safety Coordinator on (03) 9433 3352 for a confidential discussion
- Click on Apply Now
Applications close at 10 pm on the 3 December 2020 and applicants will receive an email confirming receipt of their application at the time it is submitted. If you have not received confirmation within 12 hours, please contact Human Resources at HRmail@nillumbik.vic.gov.au.
Nillumbik Shire Council is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace, and strongly encourages applications from people from all walks of life. We believe diversity of thinking fosters innovation and delivers better outcomes for everyone, and we value a workforce that's a match for our diverse community.
Due to COVID 19 restrictions, this position may be required to initially work from home. It is an expectation that the successful candidate will have access to an appropriate home ‘work' space which includes an appropriate desk with sufficient legroom and a suitable chair. As part of the recruitment process, the preferred candidate may be asked to provide photo evidence that they have an appropriate and safe place to work. Job-required IT equipment will be provided, however, the preferred candidate will need an internet connection.
Successful applicants must be eligible to work in Australia and agree to provide information for pre-employment checks if required for the position. This position is subject to satisfactory Police Check prior to commencement. Pre-employment checks are not used by Nillumbik Shire Council to prevent any applicant from applying for this position. Each application will be considered on its merits.
To apply for this job go to: nillumbikshirecouncil.recruitmenthub.com.au/Current-Vacancies & enter ref code: 5288963.