Dockhand (Customer Service) - Enfield
Advertiser: TNT Express3.1473 out of 53.1 overall rating (292 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Manufacturing, Transport & Logistics, Warehousing, Storage & Distribution
TNT and FedEx officially joined forces on 25 May 2016. A combined FedEx and TNT will enable us to more effectively grow and compete, to better meet the evolving needs of our customers and the global marketplace. For our future team members, as part of one of the strongest transportation and logistics companies in the world, this means more opportunities to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to grow, learn and succeed. As we continue to combine the strengths of the companies, we have exciting and challenging opportunities for new, talented team members in our TNT Operations Team based at our Enfield depot.
As TNT is part of the FedEx family of companies, this role will support the operations of both FedEx Express and TNT in Australia, and will be based at TNT’s Enfield depot.
About the role:
Go behind the scenes in our operations team. Our Dockhands are committed to sorting our freight and ensuring all shipments move through our depots seamlessly and with care, so that we can deliver on our service promises. Processing our customer’s shipments takes a huge team of operational Dockhands, on the ground tackling and coordinating a high volume of freight to ensure our customers can deliver for their customers.
- Safely manage and internally move all the consignments that come in and out of our depot in a timely manner
- Label all consignments to ensure efficient route
- Sort consignments to the correct delivery area
- Work together as a team to ensure efficient turnaround times
- Previous warehouse experience desirable
- Forklift license is essential
- Outstanding customer service experience
- Safety focused with an understanding of chain of responsibility
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- The ability to adopt our ‘Safety Above All Culture’
- Reliability with a can-do attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond for the customer
We honour innovation, integrity and commitment. We have many formal policies, procedures and programs to bring out the best in our staff, individually and in teams.
We strive to be the Best Company to work for with the Best Service and the Best Brand in our industry
- Safety Above All Culture
- Career development opportunities
- A positive working culture, with our People-Service-Profit philosophy – putting our people first!
- We care for our employees well-being and value their contributions to our company
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.