Advertiser: Beacon LightingMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Lismore & Far North Coast
- Competitive Rate of Pay + Bonus Incentives
- Work Type
- Part Time
- Design & Architecture, Interior Design
- Permanent part-time role available at our Brand New Tweed Heads store!
- Use your creative flair in this unique design role
- Lots of perks, including bonus incentives and a fun team culture
About Beacon Design Studio
It’s an exciting time to be working at Beacon Lighting, as we enter into new markets and grow the business year on year. The Beacon Design Studio is a new concept designed to provide our clients with expert advice on all their lighting design needs. As a one-stop-shop for renovators, new home buyers, builders, architects and interior designers, our Design Studio will be at the forefront of the latest trends in lighting design. Working with our clients our Lighting Designers will offer an unprecedented service, that is, the Beacon Design Studio.
Based at our Tweed Heads store, this part-time role will involve working 46 hours over a fortnight. Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Understanding and applying your interior design knowledge to create unique lighting design solutions for your clients
- Keeping up to date with the latest technology and trends in design
- Reading and interpreting house and electrical plans to create inspirational lighting designs and conducting lighting energy audits
- Building the design business by proactively seeking project opportunities in the retail and trade markets
- Recommending products and placement solutions to enhance your client’s environment
- Pitching in and supporting your team to ensure business goals are met
To be successful in this role, you will possess the following qualities:
- A minimum of 2 years' experience in design/related field
- Previous experience in sourcing new business and generating leads
- Strong communication skills with the ability to genuinely connect with your customers
- An energetic and enthusiastic approach to all aspects of your job
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise your work effectively
- A strong attention to detail
To reward you for your efforts, we offer a competitive rate of pay (including higher rates on weekends and public holidays), bonus incentives, paid birthday leave, generous staff discounts and on-site parking. Not your average retailer, our rosters will offer you a great work-life balance with every second weekend off.
To set you up for success, we will invest in providing you with extensive training, including formal classroom sessions, on-the-job training and online learning modules. We will invite you to attend seasonal catalogue launches to give you a sneak peek of upcoming trends and products, and we offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
We love to reward our designers for their fantastic designs, and our annual award for “Lighting Design of the Year” is an opportunity for you to submit your best work. The winner will be invited to attend our national conference and our annual awards night where they will be acknowledged for their amazing work.
How to apply
Click on 'Apply Now' and follow the process to complete your application. Note, shortlisted applicants may be required to present a portfolio or samples of their previous design work.