Advertiser: The Incredible JourneyMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Newcastle, Maitland & Hunter
- $60,000 - $69,999
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Information & Communication Technology, Help Desk & IT Support
Eternity Media Productions Ltd. (EMP) is an independent, not-for-profit Christian organisation supportive of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church. EMP produces a TV Program titled The Incredible Journey, which broadcasts globally. We are passionate about our bold vision to share the Good News of Jesus Christ to the world, preparing all people for His soon coming. We are devoted to giving Biblical answers to some of life’s big questions, through television, internet, radio, social media, and an interactive Bible learning centre. In addition, we share resources for free to all who contact us on topics that build faith and how to live an abundant life, through Jesus today.
This is an exciting role in a purpose-driven organisation. We are looking for a talented IT support person with at least 5 years of experience, with a hunger to be part of a growing evangelism team. While your skills and experience are important, a positive, optimistic and can-do attitude is also what we’re looking for.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain LAN, Remote Access Users, NBN links and routers
- Software/hardware troubleshooting for Macs/PCs
- Maintaining and developing of contact databases
- Developing Wordpress & eCommerce platforms
- Software integration – Databases, eCommerce, accounting software, mailing, etc
- Developing online courses
- Software vendor negotiations
- Maintaining security across all network, software, laptops and desktop computers
- Keeping up-to-date software licenses across the network and updating software when needed
- Troubleshooting network printers and other devices on the network
- Daily and weekly backups
- Server maintenance.
- A demonstrable commitment to the message, mission, and lifestyle of the Seventh-Day Adventist Church
- Minimum 5 years of experience
- Degree in IT or a TAFE Diploma level 3
- 3 years of experience combined with an IT degree or a diploma may be considered in lieu of 5 years of experience
- Demonstrated experience with Macs/PCs, standard office software and networking
- Extensive experience with databases (contact relationship management)
- Ability/ experience with research, recommendation and implantation of off-the-shelf software
- Proven ability to do software integrations between databases, Wordpress, eCommerce, accounting software, mailing platforms
- Experience with implementing/deployment of online course delivery software is desirable but not required
- Knowledge and experience with stock/inventory management software is desirable
- Attention to detail and consistent follow-through are a must
- Demonstrated ability to thrive in a fast-paced, fluid and creative environment
- Self-starter who is able to troubleshoot and work independently as well as in a team environment
- Problem solver.
- The job is based at the Eternity Media Productions office in Dora Creek, NSW Australia.
Although Eternity Media Productions Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, national origin, gender, colour, age, marital status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law, it is a religious entity associated with the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The employment practices reflect religious preferences in harmony with Australian law, and therefore hire only Seventh-day Adventist Church members in good standing.
It is not the intention of the position description to limit the scope or accountabilities of the position but to highlight the most important aspects of the position. The aspects mentioned above may be altered in accordance with the changing requirements of the position.