Community Activity Officer - Dubbo
Advertiser: Joblink Plus2.7931 out of 52.8 overall rating (29 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 19 Nov 2020
- Dubbo & Central NSW
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Employment Services
We are seeking a down to earth individual who has a demonstrated hands-on approach, be able to think on their feet and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
Thriving on individual accountability you will embrace a performance driven culture. You will be able to build relationships and network across all levels of community and have good local knowledge. Previous experience working within community is highly desirable, including education, health, hospitality, retail or any public focused role.
You will build credible relationships with key stakeholders to deliver the right choices, achieved through the development of trust across all people we work with.
You will utilise your knowledge and experience to create opportunities that improve the lives of people at all levels of community.
Other required attributes include:
- Written and verbal communication, able to build rapport and sustain working relationships
- Networking and stakeholder engagement
- Ability to identify and initiate Work for the Dole opportunities Time management, able to multitask and meet strict deadlines Able to assist, support and empower jobseekers
- Research & analysis
- Sound judgement, problem solving & logical thinking Administration, reporting, computer applications, MS Office Suite
You will have (or be prepared to obtain) a NSW Working With Children Check and National Criminal History Check.
Joblink Plus is a for-purpose, not-for-profit organisation providing employment services and vocational training. We deliver to over 80 communities across rural and regional NSW, covering around 70% of the state, delivering Jobactive, Transition to Work, Disability Employment Services, Employability Skills Training, Career Transition Assistance and ParentsNext. We also support communities through direct contributions, social enterprises and volunteering, partnering with a range of organisations with shared values.
Our purpose is to believe in and provide support to all people, connecting them to the dignity and fulfillment made possible through education and meaningful work.
About the Role
As the Community Activity Officer you will identify, initiate and coordinate suitable activities that provide a pathway for a job seeker’s progression to sustainable employment. You will work collaboratively with job seekers, hosts and sites to ensure engagement and participation. You will build relationships on a local and regional basis to assist you in the performance of your role, and work closely with your teams as you strive to exceed performance targets.
Some specific responsibilities will include:
- Network with organisations and industry to identify and initiate Work for the Dole opportunities.
- Build and maintain business and industry relationships in the community.
- In partnership with Work for the Dole hosts, assess and determine Work for the Dole activity requirements.
- Coordinate and develop Work for the Dole activity logistics including schedules, resources, purchasing and budgets.
- Oversee contractual compliance on all projects, completing site risk assessments and participant site inductions.
- Schedule participant attendance and appropriate supervision for all Work for the Dole activities.
- Oversee Work for the Dole Supervisor activities and assist with documentation as required.
- Assess jobseekers and refer them to appropriate Work for the Dole activities.
- Monitor jobseeker participation in Work for the Dole activities.
- Monitor jobseekers, supervisors and host working relationships, including mediating and placing job seekers in alternate activities as required.
- Liaise with consultants to identify employment opportunities and other issues as they arise.
If you are passionate about positively contributing to your community and making a difference in your career, visit our website www.joblinkplus.com.au to view a position description.
There is no formal closing date for this vacancy. Applications will be regularly reviewed when received by Joblink Plus. The recruitment process will proceed with applicants who have the necessary skills and/or qualifications. It is therefore in your best interest to not delay in applying for the role would you be interested.
Applicants are encouraged to apply online via SEEK.
At Joblink Plus we embrace diversity and encourage applications from candidates with varied backgrounds. Our people proudly reflect the local communities we work with.
Further enquiries should be directed to our HR team on (02) 6764 6856
Vacancy Reference Number: V0707