Advertiser: Mainfreight3 out of 53.0 overall rating (55 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Sydney, Parramatta & Western Suburbs
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Administration & Office Support, Administrative Assistants
ABOUT THE BUSINESS
Mainfreight is in the business of global supply chain logistics. Put simply, we partner with our customers to provide the full spectrum of Warehousing, Domestic Transport and International Air and Ocean Freight services. Our operations are powered by a global team of more than 8,600 passionate people, world-class technology and a can-do attitude. We currently operate in 284 branches across 26 countries. We are one big family, and we are fiercely protective of our deep-rooted identity. Instead of embracing popular corporate conventions, we protect and nurture the unique culture, character and individuality that sets us apart.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We have an exciting opportunity for someone to join our brand-new Eastern Creek branch. We are looking for a team player with a great attitude, ability to multi-task, someone who strives to achieve targets and who is prepared to get in and get the job done. This is a busy role for someone who likes to get involved, sort queries, and who is passionate about Customer Service and Administration.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Liaising with internal and external customers and contractors to ensure an efficient and effect service
- Daily estimating of supplier costs
- Preparing cheque requisitions and meeting payment deadlines
- Liaising with customers
- Performing weekly administrative tasks
- Maintaining existing customer’s portfolio’s
- Helping Sales executives with opening accounts, and compiling proposals
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Eagerness and enthusiasm to learn
- Polite and friendly telephone manner
- Be able to work under pressure
- Excellent time management
- Desire to succeed
- Team player
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Good Word and Excel knowledge
- Well presented
In return for your hard work and dedication you will be rewarded with job security, ongoing personal development and great career progression opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are up for the challenge, looking for progression in your career and have the skills and attributes required, please submit your resume and cover letter via the 'Apply for this job' button.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
Right to live and work
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this job.