Nurse Unit Manager - Renal Dialysis Services
Advertiser: Mildura Base Public Hospital2.875 out of 52.9 overall rating (8 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Mildura & Murray
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Healthcare & Medical, Nursing - General Medical & Surgical
Located on the iconic Murray River and famous for its restaurants, water sports and Mediterranean climate, Mildura is within 150km of World Heritage listed Mungo National Park and is a thriving regional city with direct flights in and out of Melbourne, Sydney and Adelaide.
About the Organisation
Mildura Base Public Hospital (MBPH) has approximately 930 staff and is a 180-bed tertiary teaching hospital (Level 1) providing public hospital services on behalf of the Victorian Government to the community of Mildura and the Sunraysia District.
The hospital is a major public referral service for the Northern Mallee region providing services to approximately 80,000 people, treating over 20,000 inpatients and triaging more than 33,000 emergency attendees, and 850 births.
We aim to promote and provide a work environment that embraces a culture of continuous improvement and encourages professional development to support staff to maximise their growth potential.
About the Role
In this newly created and specialised position, you will provide key leadership and coordination of the day to day operations of the MBPH Dialysis Services unit. Reporting to the Deputy Director of Nursing, you will work in collaboration with the MBPH Executive Team, MBPH Nephrologist, and the management team to ensure patient care is integrated; safe and high quality. You will be empowered to shape organisational strategy, improve procedural service provision and achieve organisational objectives. This position is responsible for ensuring that the delivery of nursing care within the Renal Dialysis unit is at optimal level, is evidence based, efficient and meets the needs of patients.
To succeed in this role, you will bring:
- Relevant registration with the Nursing & Midwifery Board of Australia
- Minimum of 4 years post basic registration experience including at least 3 years’ experience in the Renal Dialysis environment
- Postgrad Renal Nursing qualification (desirable, not essential)
- Experience supervising junior staff and work as effective role model
- Strong business analytical skills
- Ability to effectively plan and manage financial, human and material resources
What we can offer you
- Access to Salary Packaging (pay less tax!) and novated leasing
- Staff Wellbeing Program and Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible work arrangements
- Ongoing professional development
- Supportive and innovative team environment
- Our Location! Further information regarding Mildura @ www.visitmildura.com.au
On offer is a full-time equivalent, base annual salary starting from $115,372.40 + superannuation based on experience level and qualifications, exclusive of penalties or allowances.
Position Closes 8 December 2020
How to Apply
All applications must be lodged online by clicking on the ‘apply now’ button.
For a position description and further information regarding the Hospital, please visit our website www.mbph.org.au
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- Are you currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA)?