Farm Operations Workers - Corindi
Advertiser: Costa Group3.0597 out of 53.1 overall rating (67 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Coffs Harbour & North Coast
- Piece Rate Pay
- Work Type
- Farming, Animals & Conservation, Farm Labour
We’re Costa. Australia’s leading grower, packer and marketer of premium quality fresh fruit and vegetables.
On the land, in distribution centres, and out on the roads – Costa people work hard to bring the freshest produce to tables across Australia.
But joining our team is about more than just hard work. It’s about picking a meaningful, sustainable job that’s good for you, and for Australia.
Who we’re looking for:
We’re looking for people to join one of our teams, get outside and work on the frontlines, supporting the operations of our farm to grow the berries that feed Australia.
This role will see you working 5 or 6 days a week for up to 8 hours (depending on workflow requirements). Tasks will Include pruning, block planting, block removal, weeding, mowing and tunnel maintenance. We are looking for people who have skills and experience in these areas, who are able to complete physical work in our hot mid-North Coast conditions, and who are able to work for at least 8 weeks.
How it works:
We are committed to ensuring that our farm area is well maintained and our crop is suitably supported to produce great yields and high quality fruit.
- We have lots of work between now and January, and possibly beyond for great workers
- Tasks will vary based on what work Is a priority for each week
How you’re paid:
Working with us means you’ll benefit from the most competitive pay rates in the industry.
- Some activities are paid under Piece Rate, some through hourly rate. You will need to be prepared to work under both arrangements as we may rotate people between tasks
- An average worker can earn more than the base rate in the Horticulture Award
- All employees will view and sign a Piece Rate Agreement before starting work If you are working under piece rate
- You’re paid weekly (Thursday) by Bank transfer
- Payslips will be emailed to you
- Superannuation is paid at 9.5% on top of all wages
How good are these benefits:
Inclusive, supportive, flexible and fair, Costa employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry.
- Our wage rate is higher than the Horticultural Award
- You’ll earn double Piece Rate pay on Public Holidays and longer paid breaks
- There’s ongoing work available in Corindi until at least late January, possibly longer for our great workers
- All berry sites are classed as regional for Working Holiday 2 and 3 year visas
- You’ll get a full safety induction
- Health and safety is a priority on site and qualified First Aiders are always available
- We have full COVID protocols in place and are a registered COVID Safe Business TAS
- You’ll have full access to our free Employee Assistance Program
- Our experienced and supportive Supervisors will help you maximise your earnings
We care for our people:
People are the heart of Costa.Our employees enjoy some of the best benefits and conditions in the industry. From competitive pay to health, wellbeing, and further learning and development opportunities. No matter the role, you’ll always benefit from a caring environment that encourages and supports you to thrive, grow and connect.
- If you’re an Aussie, you’ll need to upload some ID – Passport, birth certificate etc.
- Not an Aussie? We’ll need a scanned copy of your proof of right to work documentation, and a copy of your passport.
- All these documents should be saved into the same file for attachment as the application form.
- If your application is successful you’ll need to go online and complete some documents for us before selecting your start date.
Ready to apply?
Submit your application then keep an eye on your emails (including your junk/spam folder). Applications will close on 17 November 2020.