Intake & Registration Officer
Advertiser: Wellways Australia2.9 out of 52.9 overall rating (40 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Sydney, South West & M5 Corridor
- $35 - $39.99 per hour
- Work Type
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
- Casual, fixed-term position (30/6/2024)
- Work within a structured intake centre and be part of something very new!
- SCHADS level 2.3, schedule B ($37.16 per hour)
- Access to salary packaging, and other great industry benefits!
The Intake and Registration Officer is a newly created role responsible for undertaking intake and registration services for carers accessing support provided by the Carer Gateway across New South Wales. The objective of the role is to work with carers primarily over the phone to access information and complete the intake and registration process. The new Carer Gateway Services have been created in the context of national reforms and represent an exciting new era for the delivery of innovative carer services.
Reporting to the Team Leader working under limited direction, this role will involve:
- Support carers with a high level of customer service ensuring carers are listened to with patience and non-judgement
- Provide Intake and Registration services to carers as outlined in the Carer Support Framework
- Ensuring the service approach incorporates the following service principles: Carer Focussed, Practical and Flexible, Inclusive
- Creating an environment which carers will find welcoming, real and inclusive
- Develop support relationships with carers which are positive and are built on Wellways values
You will need:
- Qualifications and/or experience working in community services, allied health, administration or carer/family peer positions
- Driver's license
- Appropriate IT skills
- Satisfactory National Police Records Check (within last 12 months)
- Valid Working with Children and Vulnerable people check (WWCC)
- Right to Work within Australia
- NDIS Code of Conduct
- Available to participate in out of hours activities as required to undertake the requirements of the role
- Willingness to work set shifts: 6am to 2pm or 2pm to 10pm
Wellways is a nationally recognized provider of mental health, disability services and a registered NDIS service provider. We work with individuals, their families and friends to improve their wellbeing and to gain inclusion into communities, providing support through recovery, education and advocacy programs, and provide a range of innovative rehabilitation models. We are a growing organization, currently employing over 900 staff across multiple sites within VIC, TAS, NSW, QLD and the ACT.
To view the position description and apply, visit our careers website: wellways.recruitmenthub.com.au/vacancies.
For a confidential discussion about the role, we encourage you to contact Karyn Murray on 0435 053 256
Applications Close 4th December 2020 - COB
Wellways Australia Limited is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable people. All applicants applying for roles within Wellways must undergo a screening process prior to their successful appointment.
"We warmly encourage people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities and people with a lived experience of mental health and disability to apply."