Youth & Community Program Officer
Advertiser: CareWaysMore jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Wollongong, Illawarra & South Coast
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Child Welfare, Youth & Family Services
CareWays Community is a for purpose organisation committed to providing independent and progressive community services and social enterprises.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Youth and Community Program Officer in our Neighbourhood team, based in Koonawarra NSW. This includes; implement the requirements of the Targeted Early Intervention and Prevention Program, promote and develop young people and to provide information and referral to young people and the community.
The successful candidate will have:
- Tertiary Qualifications at Degree level of Social/Community Services or minimum 4 years’ experience in a similar role
- Sound understanding of Community Development Principles and Practices
- Sound understanding of the Principles of Social Justice
- Exceptional computer literacy
- Highly Developed organisational skills
- Ability to liaise with individuals at all levels and backgrounds
- Empathetic understanding of the client target groups, including indigenous and cultural groups
- Current drivers’ licence and reliable vehicle
This position is permanent full-time, five days a week (38 hours a week).
To apply for this position, please email your Resume, and address the selection criteria, located on our website www.careways.org.au/join-our-team, to HR@careways.org.au.
Closing Date: Sunday, 6th December 2020
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?