Advertiser: Community Housing Limited3.9375 out of 53.9 overall rating (16 employee reviews) More jobs from this company
- Job Listing Date
- 20 Nov 2020
- Work Type
- Full Time
- Community Services & Development, Community Development
Community Housing Limited (CHL) Group of Companies is an innovative and best practice affordable housing organisation which assists access to, develops and manages sustainable housing for people in need. Join our Adelaide Housing Team in delivering high quality customer and tenancy management services. This is a full time permanent position.
You will be responsible for:
- Tenancy & property management of accommodation & housing for people in social housing.
- Working with vulnerable people; including people with disabilities and mental illness and working alongside clients' support providers.
- A housing portfolio located in the area.
- Managing arrears, rent reviews and day to day tasks.
- Routine inspections, PCRs and Bonds.
- Work closely with government departments, clients, support agencies, and relevant CHL departments
You will demonstrate relevant experience providing client focused tenancy management services, including the ability to work with a diverse range of clients. In addition, you will have a good working knowledge and understanding of the Residential Tenancies Act 1995 (SA). You will also have:
- Awareness of and sensitivity to people in housing crisis
- A thorough understanding of local barriers and difficulties
- The ability to work independently and as part of a wider team
- High level time management and organisational skills
- Excellent communication skills and a positive approach to work
- A talent for building relationships and working in partnership with clients
- A commitment to the right of all people to affordable and sustainable housing
- A current drivers licence
In return we offer a competitive salary, performance incentives, access to training and development and a range of other excellent benefits. For more information about working with The CHL Group please visit our website https://chl.org.au/careers/working-at-chl/benefits-of-working-at-chl/.
CHL actively promotes safe working with children, a satisfactory police check is required for all staff and those with client related responsibilities are required to provide a working with children check.
As an equal opportunity employer, CHL works closely with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
CHL acknowledges the traditional Aboriginal owners of country throughout Australia and we pay our respects to them, their culture and their Elders past, present and emerging.
Applications close: Tuesday 1 December 2020
To be considered applicants must respond to the application questions and submit a cover letter. For a confidential conversation about the position please call Bianca Costanzo - State Operations Manager on (08) 8210 0201.
We look forward to hearing from you.